1 spot foxface 35 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthonygaliazzo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would it putting a 1 spot foxface in a 35 gallon be cruelty if i buy him really small and intend on keeping it in the tank for 2 years max?

I wouldn't do it.. i mean its up to you but why not just wait until you get a bigger tank?

Because i want a really cool looking fish and i mean if its going to be stressed to death i wont do it but if i know the fish will not outgrow my tank in 1-2 years id love to try it in and if i notice him unhappy, il give it back to my lfs

35 gallon 32" long i know its pushy. Ive been told a flam angel could do in there and they are rated 70 gals like 1 spot foxface. I just wonder if i can manage him for 1-2 years max

I don't think I would even do that.. I have a coral beauty and its always swimming threw rocks and all around tank.. what about a pair of clowns or even an anthais

I wouldn't. I'd rather try the angel. They get pretty large pretty quickly, and have quite an impact on the bio load. They eat like tangs.

Don't go for a dwarf angel, they are very active fish. Look at the suggestions for less active fish ( doesn't mean they hide, they will perch on your rock work) or get a larger tank that better accommodates your taste in fish

Edit: wrong thread disregard

You want something active and cool looking what about a wrasse? They swim around and you can get smaller varieties that will be ok in your tank long term. I personally wouldn't put a foxface in, they get way to big.

You could do a six line or possum wrasse. The fairys and flashers need a longer tank IMO. Wrasses love to swim for the most part.

I already have a green coris wrasse. I was thinking of switching him for something nicer. I think ill forget the foxface for now. I will probably try a flame angel but im scared it will nip at my corals. Any other sugestions of cool looking fish that could be in my 35 gallon? Im ready to take the risk of adding a rated 50 gallon fish in there as i will be moving to a bigger tank in 1-2 years. Current stock:
2 occ clowns
2 blue green chromis
1 green coris wrasse
1 midas blenny

I was also planning on removing mychro

I was also planning on getting rid of chromis and replacing them by 2 different species of nano fish tobadd more variety in the tank. What could i trade them for? And i dont wanna sound arguing but i dont really get why some people say that i could try the flame which is rated 70 galls like the fox but not the fox face. There are 70 gallon tanks that are as long as mine only deeper and higher, the fish will only be able to to swim 32" back and forth in the 2 cases. Do you know what i mean?

If you want ideas on stocking check out liveaquaria.com. They have a wide variety of fish, you can see pictures and all the details right there including minimum tank sizes. If you like your coral and have concerns about an angel nipping them why get an angel? There are so many cool and beautiful fish out there that are reef safe. Firefish are small and very pretty, you could always look at a goby and shrimp pair also and these are just 2 options out of many. Like I said there are so many other options that it doesn't make sense to take a risk.

Yeah i agree keeping him in there all his life would make no sence but if i buy him like 1 1/2 inch , i cant believe he'll outgrow the tank in the first year?!

Back
Top Bottom