10 gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought a Midas Blenny for my 65 gallon, beautiful fish. I saw you were talking about it earlier in the thread. If you can upgrade to a larger tank I would highly recommend one.

Type this in the eBay search box

That's pretty overkill, unless he's keeping very high light SPS everything else is going to bleach/melt with a 150w MH right on the top of the tank. Added replacing bulbs is pretty pricey and with that much heat he'd need a chiller which would be even more money.

JOMA, IMO if you want to be safe picking out corals that aren't SPS and wondering if you have enough light, the 2-bulb Nova T5HO jenatron suggested would be plenty. Without shipping costs it's only about $20 more than it would be for those PCs which IMO aren't worth it.

And a firefish would have plenty of room in a 10G, but be warned they are pretty much known jumpers

i also cant have anything that sucks power like crazy, if my parents see a drastic change in the power bill they will FLIP

a 180WATT LIGHT? MY PARENTS WOULD KILL ME!

Lol, and there's the possibility you'd need a chiller.
If you have a little extra cash, t5ho is a really good step up. The watts are usually about the same, but the real output is so much greater (with a good fixture.)
But if you're happy with keeping lower light corals then stay with what you've got. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not too much more for an upgrade. :)

im sorry but im probably gonna stick wit hthe 50/50, im be researching and people say they can grow corals easily under the light

Back
Top Bottom