100 Gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brilliant_Barbs_21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
On craigslist I have found a nice tank for a nice price. But the tanks dimensions are 36x37x18. Those aren't the best dimensions for a tang, so I think I would stress it out too much in an area like that since they need longer tanks. But would a one spot foxface be okay? I wouldn't want to put anything into a home it doesn't love.

I don't know about a foxface, but that is a deep tank. Wow, my 100 gallon is 25 inches deep and that is tough to get to the bottom.

If it's 37" top-to bottom & 18" front-to-back, that would be a 100 "tall", or also known as a "show" tank. I've seen some gorgeous 150 talls, but MaiTank is right... reaching into the tank to get to the bottom for maintenance can be a real pain. Invest in a pair of good quality tongs for grabbing/moving things around.

Even though you technically do exceed the minimum gallon requirements for something like a Kole tank or Foxface, at 36" long, you lack the horizontal swimming room, and I think I would still personally recommend against them. IMO, these are great tanks for more numerous smaller fish rather than your larger fish.....

If it's 37" top-to bottom & 18" front-to-back, that would be a 100 "tall", or also known as a "show" tank. I've seen some gorgeous 150 talls, but MaiTank is right... reaching into the tank to get to the bottom for maintenance can be a real pain. Invest in a pair of good quality tongs for grabbing/moving things around. Even though you technically do exceed the minimum gallon requirements for something like a Kole tank or Foxface, at 36" long, you lack the horizontal swimming room, and I think I would still personally recommend against them. IMO, these are great tanks for more numerous smaller fish rather than your larger fish.....
That's exactly what I was thinking. I think I'll substitute any big fish for a large school of Anthias. And if a get a yellow dwarf angelfish, what can I do to reduce coral nipping?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I think I'll substitute any big fish for a large school of Anthias. And if a get a yellow dwarf angelfish, what can I do to reduce coral nipping?

+1. That's a good plan. That tank would look great with a flock of smaller fishs. That angel will nip at corals, not much you can do about it. Might look at a coral beauty, they are less nippy.

Oh man it's rimless that's awesome! Sounds like it's going to be a sweet tank!

That's a gorgeous tank. You can't stock any jumpers is my only caution. But you can do wonderful things with corals in a tank like this. My tank is deep also, it is a pain to clean, BUT it allows you to build a coral wall over 2' tall where I can distribute corals based on their light and flow requirements. Can you set this where you can walk all the way around it?

That's a gorgeous tank. You can't stock any jumpers is my only caution. But you can do wonderful things with corals in a tank like this. My tank is deep also, it is a pain to clean, BUT it allows you to build a coral wall over 2' tall where I can distribute corals based on their light and flow requirements. Can you set this where you can walk all the way around it?
Well I'm trying to figure out where to put it lol. I could try to find a spot.

I've seen these tanks with a pillar of coral and rock right in the center. I think having the ability for a fish to get out of line of sight from another aggressive fish has some advantages as well. They get an illusion of more space. And you get more excellent viewing area.

That is an awesome cube! Get it! IMO a foxface would be fine in there but others will dissagree. I'd do it...

Yea big change. Sweet tank. You could get lighting diffuser against jumpers and the foxface should have room to swim

Sweet.... a cube, not a tall. That would make an awesome lagoon reef, and definitely opens up some your fish possibilities. (y)

Awesome looking tank though. I wish I had a rimless. They look more "crisp" I guess I would say

Back
Top Bottom