100 gallon set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WWodyz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
planning to step up from 60 to 100. any expert out there can share what i need? such as how much live sand, live rocks, what & which filter, lighting, etc. Thnak You.

Wow, that is a very broad question. What type of tank do you want? Fish only, live rock, reef tank? what is your budget? the good news is that there are several options for you. Let us know what direction you are leaning in so we can make some recomendations for you. You found the right site to start your venture! Read up and soak up all the knowledge you can. How much experience do you have, fresh or salt? Good luck and have fun! Lando

hi lando, thanks for replying
glass tank, fowlr, budget, looking 300 below, shopping for used tank, ive had SW for about 1 year now, so far i have 50 lbs LR, LS, 1 dog face, humu trigger, niger trigger, sweet lip, 5 damsels, 2 catfish, 1 hawkfish, 1 yellow watchman, 16 hermit crabs, 1 sm crab, 2 clown fish. i know theres too much fish but none died yet. dats why im going up to 100 gallon, this hobby is so addicting!!!!! i know i might get heat of having too much fish but i couldnt help it. LOL!!

Careful, I saw the elders take down a teen the ohter day, and it was not pretty! Remember, they are always watching and we all know that fish talk, so your secret is out! 0X

What size tank do you have now? Don't worry, I won't lecture you on over-stocking, just trying to get some perspective. What do you currently have for filtration, lights, skimmer? How do you like your yellow watchman? I just got one today and he is already digging around in the sand, fun to watch. If you are going FOWLR, you could get by with the proper hang-on filter and skimmer. that will help if you are on a budget. Just let us know what you have now and we all can suggest up-grades as needed. you are right, this hobby is addicting.

Back
Top Bottom