1000 gallon salt stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love lionfish but have always been afraid to get one so maybe this tank will be the right size for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The people who are building my tanks will do all the filtration and lights for me I just have to decide when comes time what I want. They will also add the fish I want when it's safe I leave that up to them. They are great guys. I do want some tangs and def some puffers thinking of some rays.

cool, what is the name of the company building and installing your tank?

I recommended mermaids.. I would be happy in that size tank...
All joking aside, the fish people have recommended are quite beautiful.
Some other rare fish id recommend for color and coolness are:
•Two Spot Bristletooth Tang
•Red Tail Trigger
•Orange spot filefish
•Tinkeri Butteefly
•Jackknife Fish

Not a company just a hobbiest who is hoping to get some more Clint's from my build. We have known him 20 years went to school together :)

but surely you are having the tank made by an established company?
1000 gallon tank fabrication and installation isn't child's play.

Nope he is making everything he has been doing tanks for years but nothing as big as this but I trust him.

Not sure yet we are in the process figuring out if we want 1000 or 3000. Then we will start to figure it out. I want glass but my husband wants acrylic lol. Our build will be in January so we have time

Good luck with the build. I had an 800 L-shape. If it's fish only it won't be too much work at all.

I kept ro/di water in 8 x 55gallon plastic drums plumbed together and hooked up to an external pump for water changes. Had a giant mrc skimmer that was 5ft tall .

Sorry I haven't been on much because we are in the process of moving for the season. The build will start in January I hope I'm very excited. However we did decide to go with the 3000 that's the main thing I have decided so far. Found out I might need a permit to do this but I'm not sure how that's going to be handled yet.

Well we are knocking down a wall to make the tank the wall. We will see

Yes I do but thanks to some members on this site I no longer post pictures of my big tanks. Nothing against you I just won't deal with people like that

Oh that sucks.
Make sure you start a build thread for the 3,000! Im sure a ton of people would be interested. The stocking options are endless.

I plan 2 for sure but debating on the picture part of things I almost left this site because of how bad things were with the rudeness. :(

Well i don't know what those rude people said but I'll tell you that most of the people on here now are awesome, friendly people! I would definitely love some pictures! :)

Back
Top Bottom