Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #71
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Angeleyes2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 109
Hey guys sorry I haven't been on my husband has been in the ICU. I have decided to post pictures of the tank build my husband says it will be fine. Yes I really do have the eel already her name is Sandy lol


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Angeleyes2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
1000 gallon salt stocking

Having run larger systems, mine is currently 600 gallons total, you are off to a wonderful and expensive journey.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
audifusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ajax,ON
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Having run larger systems, mine is currently 600 gallons total, you are off to a wonderful and expensive journey.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol, very true
__________________
audifusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes2325 View Post
Hey guys sorry I haven't been on my husband has been in the ICU. I have decided to post pictures of the tank build my husband says it will be fine. Yes I really do have the eel already her name is Sandy lol


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I hope your husband is ok.


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Angeleyes2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 109
He is starting to get better but not much. His season is over before it even started this year which is rough on him so me and him were thinking and we really want to do a predator tank. What do you guys think about barracudas? What's another cool predator fish? Anyone have any ideas?


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Angeleyes2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Angeleyes2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 109
Also I mentioned the Jelly tank in another post in here and it's actually getting started this week. The big build will official start January 25th now that my husbands season is over there will be some time for everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Angeleyes2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Well, I hope he continues to get better. I've never done Barracuda but LiveAquaria lists them as difficult and water quality may not be ideal for other species. You definitely could do an Undulated Triggerfish. The are pretty aggressive.


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
My apologies on the Barracuda info. That was a freshwater fish. I did look around online though and everyone resoundingly says not for home aquaria because they can get up to 7' long.


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 64
Just read this thread, 3000 gallon is almost intimidating (around 24,000 or 12 tons in water pressure". I hope you post pics to because i'm sure it is going to be jaw dropping. Angel, I am very sorry to hear about your husbands season, feel zero obligation to answer this, but from the information you gave i believe he plays in the NHL? I am a huge caps fan, and if he were a professional hockey player i would not forgive myself if i didn't ask! Like I said though, i completely understand your privacy needs so if that makes you uncomfortable don't worry about it. As for a predator tank, I like the Tessalata Eel.
__________________
Ryanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Angeleyes2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanman View Post
Just read this thread, 3000 gallon is almost intimidating (around 24,000 or 12 tons in water pressure". I hope you post pics to because i'm sure it is going to be jaw dropping. Angel, I am very sorry to hear about your husbands season, feel zero obligation to answer this, but from the information you gave i believe he plays in the NHL? I am a huge caps fan, and if he were a professional hockey player i would not forgive myself if i didn't ask! Like I said though, i completely understand your privacy needs so if that makes you uncomfortable don't worry about it. As for a predator tank, I like the Tessalata Eel.

I don't mind answering he actually plays for the NBA. I already have a Tessalata Eel though that's the only issue there.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Angeleyes2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gallon, salt, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is salt the same as salt the same as salt??? sushiluver Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 6 05-12-2006 01:06 AM
Salt, Salt, or Salt? oh and PH fish_4_all Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 16 05-22-2005 05:50 PM
DIY Monster 1000 Gallon Tank. rvijay07 Aquaria Off-Topic 4 07-21-2003 10:33 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.