1000 gallon salt stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angeleyes2325

Aquarium Advice Activist
So had the contractor over this morning to build my 300 round tank and him and my hubby convinced me of the 1000 instead sense we have the room. Question is what should we put in there I love different fish. Any ideas? It will be similar to this tank when it's done I will open a thread up for the build when it starts. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410253713.460193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm going back and forth on that one I think I may do fish only I like my tanks that are fish only a little better not really into reefs.

The dimensions are going to be as of right now 130" wideX45"deepX40"Tall. My husband is trying to get me to do bigger but I don't know about that. Lol

Depending on actual dimensions, there is probably very little you could not add fish-wise. What are some of your favorites and maybe we can suggest around those.

One of my favorites is the Hi- Fin Snapper (sometimes called Threadfin Snapper). They are incredible when the mature coloring comes out and they get the long fin up top. They get almost 2', so they need space. The largest I've ever seen was probably about 16".

That's a cool fish I was thinking of doing a predator tank. Maybe sharks, rays or I was thinking of Jellys but I'm not sure. I just want something different. Keep in mind I have 7 tanks in my house already lol.

can you imagine the water changes! lol you'd be taking out at least 100-200 g every other week. And the ro/di unit to run that kinda volume would be huge. lol Thats even too much for ME to fathom. :)

We have a "fish guy" lol that comes weekly to help maintain our larger tanks. We could go up to a 3000 but it would be 10' long which we have the room for but we already have 7 tanks!!! I just don't know what to do.

If I could afford it, I'd go big. Especially if someone else is going to keep it clean and do water changes. :) I'm good doing them for my 240g, but 1000g or 3000g would just be too much for me.

I wouldn't do jellies in a huge tank and the Shark/ray idea could work if the tank design is right (no corners). If I ever did sharks, they would have to be active. A lot just kinda hang out, which I'd get bored with.

If I could afford it, I'd go big. Especially if someone else is going to keep it clean and do water changes. :) I'm good doing them for my 240g, but 1000g or 3000g would just be too much for me.

I wouldn't do jellies in a huge tank and the Shark/ray idea could work if the tank design is right (no corners). If I ever did sharks, they would have to be active. A lot just kinda hang out, which I'd get bored with.

I don't think there's any shark that is active and can live in a 1000 gallon tank. Although 1000 gallons sounds huge to us, it's just a drop compared to the ocean.

I'm not sure what to go with now :/ the 3000 would be awesome but a lot more money to get it made. My husband thinks we should just go as big as we can but I don't know. I have a lot of eels already. This is the problem we are running into because I already have so many tanks so I don't want the fish I already have. I was thinking of a big puffer because they are my favorite fish so far in all my tanks I have at least one lol.

Go with the 3000 as long as it won't make you unstable financially. Well always encourage MASSIVE tanks! ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Well if I do go with the 1000 tank it will be about $8000 for just the tank not anything else. The 3000 that we would want would be close to 25 but I just don't know the money is not what I care about more will I be happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom