10g lighting (please help!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaron26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I’ve been doing freshwater reefs for about a year but have always been in aw of saltwater so I have started the process. I have bought a 50w heater a filter rated for 40g a 528gph power head and I was wondering if my lights were powerful enough for coral. I have a 45w cfl 500lumens bulb along with a blue aquarium led strip. Can I grow coral?

Soft coral maybe. The led strip is basically worthless for photosynthetic needs most likely and lumens isn't something that can measure such either.
For a 10 gallon tank, you could probably just get away with a par38 bulb on a gooseneck to support low-medium light corals.

Has your tank ever been copper treated if you changing from freshwater to salt water as copper and corals don't mix.

what stocking are you thinking of in there you may get away with some soft corals but for them to truly thrive more powerful lighting will be needed for example I run 25w over my chaeto that's to grow algae.

Over my main DT I have 320w but then that's for SPS ect as well.

what is your budget for lighting and are you ever going to want an anemone once the tank has matured enough if so you are going to need good lighting for one.

Back
Top Bottom