10g Nano Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sooooo I have an extra 10g tank and decided to make a sweet little nano reef out of it....well actually haven't started, but was wondering if anyone had some cool ideas on the setup and just some favorite nano corals/inverts/fish. Since I've got some experience know I really want to just have fun and do something original with this, I know its small but I'm still gonna put just as much effort and work into it as my other one.

There are lot of fish you can get for a ten gallon you could do a Ocellaris clownfish, firefish, clown gobies, and any of the possum wrasse.

Hope this helps!

yea i definitely love inverts, but thanks, i was also thinking of a possum wrasse good to have a second opinion!

And for inverts you can do sand sifting stars, bumble bee snails, turbo snails, blue leg hermit crabs, and a coral banded shrimp.

does anybody have some good experience with bumblebee shrimp, sexy anemone shrimp, or yellowhead jawfish?

Sexy shrimp are a great addition to a nano. they like to be in threes as well so you can have a few. :)

I thinkt he jawfish might be too big for a 10g but I may be wrong...

I also have a pom pom crab, he has little anenomes for his hands, like pom poms. lol And Ihave a porcelain crab too, he swings his little food catchers looking for food. Theres a great selection of inverts for such a small tank. Golden coral banded shrimp are also and option too.

it's the fish you have to watch out for though as you can't really fit that many in a 10g.

Back
Top Bottom