Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by steg22
I remember looking into it when i bought this juwel as i wasnt expecting 300 hybrid cichlids to come with it and thought i'd have to do a cycle lol
Ahhh yea fair point lol. Only problem is the nearest one is Wellingborough!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist

theres one in harb, ill have a look tomorrow for you but a few people have mentioned its hard to get because they use it in bomb making.

Ammonium Hydroxide : UK Chemical Suppliers, Buy Chemicals Online

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeyes-Ltd-Kl...ref=pd_cp_kh_0

seems like everyone who bought the amazon one also bought the freshwater test kit so must be ammonium hydroxide (the one you want)

Pair of German Blue Rams, Pair of Peacock Gobys, Venezuelan Corys, Long Finned Pepper Cory, Orange Neon Cory, Sterbai Corys, Albino Corys, Elegans Corys, Bronze Corys, Columbian Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Marble Hatchets, Zebra Danios, Red Finned Zebra Danio, African Dwarf Frog and Darwin the Cream and Blue Betta
steg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
theres one in harb, ill have a look tomorrow for you but a few people have mentioned its hard to get because they use it in bomb making.

Ammonium Hydroxide : UK Chemical Suppliers, Buy Chemicals Online

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeyes-Ltd-Kl...ref=pd_cp_kh_0

seems like everyone who bought the amazon one also bought the freshwater test kit so must be ammonium hydroxide (the one you want)
STEG, finally you are useful lol! good work soldier just ordered the kleenof stuff from Amazon good shout, should be here in the next three days.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readingexcalibur

They do make ammonia in a bottle from fish manufactures. Why would you waste your money on this. A fish-less Cycle is as simple as 1 piece of large raw uncooked shrimp from the grocery store for 4-5 days then pulling it out. Your ammonia will be around 4-5 ppm. I know this works. I just did it. First your ammonia shoots up, then your trites, then your Trates. It took my 60g approximately 4 weeks to level out at 0ppm ammonia and trites. Don't water, and don't add anything. Now sporting some delicate fish with a strong bio capacity!
I agree that raw prawn or shrimp is a good source of ammonia its just not controlled enough for me, i wanna dose and know I'll be hitting exactly four ppm, and lets be honest 5 bucks is peanuts!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

Im always useful, i nearly picked up the right pizzas last week lol, what you putting in first anyway? A shrimp?
Pair of German Blue Rams, Pair of Peacock Gobys, Venezuelan Corys, Long Finned Pepper Cory, Orange Neon Cory, Sterbai Corys, Albino Corys, Elegans Corys, Bronze Corys, Columbian Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Marble Hatchets, Zebra Danios, Red Finned Zebra Danio, African Dwarf Frog and Darwin the Cream and Blue Betta
Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Im always useful, i nearly picked up the right pizzas last week lol, what you putting in first anyway? A shrimp?
Lol but you still got them wrong!
Dunno yet mate, either the coral beauty or im gonna get
Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

An orange spot goby for this tank, might get him first to test the waters as they say lol. It's either of that oe
Old 06-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lol really shouldn't write these things when I haven't even opened my eyes properly lol. So it's either an orange spot or the coral beauty as there's no way um risking my clowns or mandarin.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Activist

Lol but its ok to risk the girlfriends fish
Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak

Somethings gotta go in first! She's hardy too!

Tags
50 gallon, build, build thread, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com