12+hr out of water and still dancing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
just want to share something miraculous that happened overnight:

i was redoing my aquascape yesterday afternoon for my 40B and decided to take out some of the live rocks to help with the water flow/circulation. i have two pom pom crabs in the tank and i tried to make sure that none of the two crabs are in the live rock that i took out. i went to sleep around 10:30 last night after the exhausting tank chores (water change, coral placement, feeding, etc). This morning i got up to put away the styrofoam boxes where i put the ex-live rock and to my amazement, one of the pom pom crab was there. i could tell that it was still somewhat alive because it was barely clinging onto the ex-live rock and when i scooped it up and put it in the tank, i saw it flowing motionlessly upside down with the water flow. lo-behold, after 10mins in the tank, it slowly corrected itself right-side up and crawled into one of the live rock.

i'm just shocked that it's still alive because there's no water in the stylofoam box at all and the room temp was pretty low overnight. 12+hr out of the water and the pom pom crab proved itself that it can still dance:dance:.

Back
Top Bottom