125 dual overflow price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been looking around my lfs for the price of 125 gallon with dual overflows and one lfs gave me a quote of 550 for tank only and the other lfs didn't know what I was talking about when I said overflows so I'm going to stay away from there. Is 550 reasonable for a 125?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I only paid $299 for my brand new 125g tank. I also made my own dual overflow out of PVC pipe. You can find it on YouTube if you search dual overflow. Mine works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea my wife said no drilling :-(. The price for one without overflows is 289.00 but she said she'd rather me spend an extra 300 then have me drill it myself.

I did not drill my tank. The overflow I made by watching DIY dual overflow on YouTube uses PVC pipe to suck out the water and uses a return pump in my sump.

I made a PVC overflow for my 55 and while it worked fine (fine, not great) it was quite unattractive. I would spend the extra money for overflows if you (or your wife) don't trust your drilling skills ;)

And that price does sound normal. I worked at a lfs and the drilled tanks that we could order for people were in that range.

I painted the back of my tank black with fusion krylon paint and also painted the overflow the same color. You can't even see it in the tank. I have a 125g with a 55g sump refugium. I was just trying to help with saving you a little money but whatever you decide I am sure you will be happy.

I don't trust siphons mainly because I deploy 6 months out of the year and I don't want my wife to have to worry about extra stuff. I drilled my 20 gallon so I really don't get why she doesn't trust me. My main problem how a company can justify charging 300 dollars extra for 2 overflows.

Yeah, especially since you are technically getting less tank for your money lol.. But yeah I definitely wouldn't trust a siphon for 6 months unattended.

Back
Top Bottom