125 gallon sump design help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish-guy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up a 125 72 inch reef tank. I need some help setting up a sump. The sump will be 48 inches long. Any help would be appreciated. Or any links to good info sites. Thanks guys.
I attached a pic of what I came up with so far. Only change so far would be that I want to reduce the 90 degree elbows and change them to 45 degrees. I guess it would help with the flow.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389537544.363862.jpg

Looks good, but I would skip the mangroves. They aren't worth the trouble. I would also put the bubble trap before the return, not before the refugium. Is that an Eheim 1262? I haven't heard of a 1632.

Couldn't he have two bubble traps one where he has it and on before the return for some kinda media or something. I only ask because that's how I built mine lol

I used clear flexible line from home dept! Nice flow easy to used!

Ok I've spent a lot of time working trying to keep my 65 wide koi tank clean. It's been an up hill battle. I just installed a new sump setup with a fluidized sand bed and lava. Hopefully this will solve my problems.

By having the return in the center, I was able to raise the water level in the refugium to hopefully grow more macro algae, and to reduce the flow rate through the fuge for copepod cultivation. It also gives me a place to put my black and white clownfish since they didn't get along with the orange ones.

I would ex the first bubble trap or add a second after the Fuge. I have a 6 foot Fuge and have a similar design. Also my mangroves are a pain, go with just cheato or another macro.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389687367.125539.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389687694.371138.jpg

I put the egg crate bc of the fish I'm baby sitting. Normally the flow goes through the macro and helps the cheato roll. It's worked great and it's under a 6 ft 135.

I would ex the first bubble trap or add a second after the Fuge. I have a 6 foot Fuge and have a similar design. Also my mangroves are a pain, go with just cheato or another macro.

View attachment 216640View attachment 216641

I put the egg crate bc of the fish I'm baby sitting. Normally the flow goes through the macro and helps the cheato roll. It's worked great and it's under a 6 ft 135.

I am in the process of turning a 125 into a sump as well...this gave me some ideas

Well I got the first design on my 30 gal sump done. And so far so good. Sump has fluidized sand bed, lava rock, clay/ carbon sock, pot scrubbers, heater and pump. In that order. Anyone have any suggestions.??
The display tank is a 65 wide with 1 large(16inch) koi and one mid (4inch) koi

So I noticed on my reef ready that there are 2 different sizes of holes are at the bottom of the overflows. For 2 different bulkheads. Which is the return and output?

The larger one is typically where the water comes down into the sump and the smaller one is the return.

Back
Top Bottom