125g Stocking Ideas, again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, I'm not sure if my anthias died from the "plague" I had or from not eating. :-( Still a beautiful fish though. BUT I think I'd choose the tilefish over the anthias if push comes to shove.

Dont over stock!!!! I would not get anymore fish IMO beacause some of the fish you have get real big like the blue tang.

The two goby's will be fine I've kept two in my 47 & 75. Flame angels should
Be fine especially in that large of a tank. Same with the blenny's.
I have two lyretail anthias' and I like them.

I wouldn't recommend coral banded unless you want just a coral banded they're neat, but mine killed all my other shrimp so he spends
His days in my sump, lol

I currently have 5 fish plus the blue tang. lol Theres plenty of room. :) Two of the fish are sand dwellers pretty much which leaves a pair of clowns and the two tangs.

I'm leaning again towards 3 blue reef chromis OR 3 anthias, lyretails.
I'm also thinking the diamond goby and a midas blenny.

Other than that I don't think I want to add anymore, just in case in the future i see a fish I MUST have. lol

I could also just get the chromis and a single anthias, one of the larger ones.

How;'s that sound?

Yep, they are on my list for sure. I havent had any luck with the cleaners, something in my tank killed five of them! :-(

I hear the coral banded can fend for themselves so I figure I'll have better luck with them

I am deeply saddened by Carey's choice to passup the volitan.he's really not aggressive at all and can even be in with reef:) plus ya gotta love when he fans out to showoff

crister13 said:
Dont get the diamond goby if you dont want jumpers. I know someone who had 1 for a week then it jumped. You could possibly do another smaller tang. If you like them.

More of a case by case.. I have a diamond and an open setup never had an issue with it even getting close.. always stay at the bottom..

My pink watchman only get to about half tank height at most and thats when I feed them. lol

So I think the diamond goby is a for sure. :) And the midas blenny, I dont see the lawnmower going after such a different looking fish.

That will cover my perchers and bottom fish. woohoo I was thisclose to buying a starry blenny the other day but he looked too much like my current blenny so I passed. Also getting a pair of coral banded.

Now to finally decide on the "swimming" fish. My tank looks so empty with just the yellow tang swimming around as the clowns stay pretty much in the top corner of the the tank. lol

carey said:
My pink watchman only get to about half tank height at most and thats when I feed them. lol

So I think the diamond goby is a for sure. :) And the midas blenny, I dont see the lawnmower going after such a different looking fish.

That will cover my perchers and bottom fish. woohoo I was thisclose to buying a starry blenny the other day but he looked too much like my current blenny so I passed. Also getting a pair of coral banded.

Now to finally decide on the "swimming" fish. My tank looks so empty with just the yellow tang swimming around as the clowns stay pretty much in the top corner of the the tank. lol

I have a coral banded wish I would got a pair.. I enjoy my fire shrimp 2... you going to get any more cleaners or still to acraed they will be killed?

Yeah since I don't know who or what was killing them I figure it'd be a safe bet to not add anymore. The last two peppermints I had are also missing now too so I have a shrimp kiler in the tank. Not sure if it's the tang oecking them to death or the clowns, it could even be the pistol shrimp that I never see too. But i'd rather not sacrifice anymore shrimp.

The coral bandeds are pretty large so i think between that and their attitude they should be ok. **fingers crossed***

carey said:
Yeah since I don't know who or what was killing them I figure it'd be a safe bet to not add anymore. The last two peppermints I had are also missing now too so I have a shrimp kiler in the tank. Not sure if it's the tang oecking them to death or the clowns, it could even be the pistol shrimp that I never see too. But i'd rather not sacrifice anymore shrimp.

The coral bandeds are pretty large so i think between that and their attitude they should be ok. **fingers crossed***

If in was going for attitude id pick up a pair of fire shrimp instead.

I love the fire shrimp ut they are awful pricey. I lost over $100 worth of cleaning shrimp so I'm a bit worried that I would be throwing more money out the door. lol

carey said:
I love the fire shrimp ut they are awful pricey. I lost over $100 worth of cleaning shrimp so I'm a bit worried that I would be throwing more money out the door. lol

I agree.. but in terms of being hardy and lasting a long time IME they worth it.

Back
Top Bottom