Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #71
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Wow, I wasn't aware of this thread somehow... now I am subscribed.
I am loving your garf bonsai and Pearlberry..... you know me

Old 09-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #72
AA Team Emeritus

Haha, it seems this thread goes pretty unnoticed. I was out visiting Pat for a week, came back to another serious algae outbreak in the tank. Everything looks pretty healthy though so, can't complain too much. My GARF really seemed like it colored up a lot while I was gone. I have to do some serious cleaning tonight, and hopefully I can get some pictures up.

Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #73
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Tank2379 Send a message via Yahoo to Tank2379
Smile

Jimbo let me know when your ready to frag that Pearlberry...
Tank2379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #74
AA Team Emeritus

You should go see John or MCF. John had quite a few, though he is trying to beef up his stock for a couple frag swaps coming up. I imagine if you brought him some frags he would be more then happy to trade. He is trying to build up his SPS collection to its former glory.
Dorm Pico Tank
Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #75
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7 View Post
Haha, it seems this thread goes pretty unnoticed. I was out visiting Pat for a week, came back to another serious algae outbreak in the tank. Everything looks pretty healthy though so, can't complain too much. My GARF really seemed like it colored up a lot while I was gone. I have to do some serious cleaning tonight, and hopefully I can get some pictures up.
What kind of algae? Just the stuff built up on the glass? Hopefully. Thats one thing nice about being gone for awhile and coming back to your tank which did NOT crash..... you can notice changes on the coral since you are not staring at it multiple times everyday.

Where did you buy your LED DIY stuff from? I need to make a decision quick on which LEDs I am adding to my tank as a 3rd main light source.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #76
AA Team Emeritus

Just some nasty accumulation crap. There is some hair algae or something on one of the frag plugs that went crazy, but doesn't look like it spread. I am breaking all my frags off their plugs when I move anyway, so I'm not too worried.

I got my LED stuff from a couple different places, unfortunately there is no one stop shop for everything on a DIY setup.
LED's and Adhesive pads:
Nanotuners.com
Power Supply:
mpja.com
Pucks:
LEDsupply.com

I have a bunch of bookmarks and relevant information on my laptop at home I can send you. Just LMK.
Dorm Pico Tank
Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #77
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7 View Post
Just some nasty accumulation crap. There is some hair algae or something on one of the frag plugs that went crazy, but doesn't look like it spread. I am breaking all my frags off their plugs when I move anyway, so I'm not too worried.

I got my LED stuff from a couple different places, unfortunately there is no one stop shop for everything on a DIY setup.
LED's and Adhesive pads:
Nanotuners.com
Power Supply:
mpja.com
Pucks:
LEDsupply.com

I have a bunch of bookmarks and relevant information on my laptop at home I can send you. Just LMK.
Jim, wouldnt this be all I would need, 24 Premium LED Do-It-Yourself Retrofit Kit
Minus the heatsinks which they sell those too??? You have done way more research on LED than I, let me know what you think about that link. On the link, click on "detailed description" for which LEDs etc
Then there is also this: http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-...ium-LED/Detail
and this: http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-...ium-LED/Detail
Thanks.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #78
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Those are pretty sweet combo kits there!!! I wish that was around when I ordered my stuff.
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Those kits dont allow any dimming of the leds. Its better to buy everything separately and get dimmable drivers.

Those heatsinks may have the leds spaced too far apart if optics are to be used.

I use meanwell dimmable drivers (more $$$ but much easier to use and connect).

Matt
Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #80
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
Those are pretty sweet combo kits there!!! I wish that was around when I ordered my stuff.
They look pretty sweet to me too, and I am all about ordering from one single place. I'm looking forward to reading your new thread.

Tags
build, jimbo7, led, sps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com