13G Widescreen Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start small with maybe one snail and one blue legged hermit .You don't want to have to feed the cuc.
To can add more as you stock and
the tank develops.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So I got another piece of love rock, 1 shrimp and since I've been spending a lot of money at this place I was gifted a free firefish. I was hesitant on accepting since I don't have a cover yet.. But I was assuming that since there shouldn't be anything in tank to spook him yet he shouldn't want to test his luck at carpet surfing

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With the added LR and a nice shot of the firefish showing off

Attachments

• 1452570128926.jpg
    1452570128926.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 77
Photo dump of the gold coral banded shrimp and the royal gramma.

I also need to replace the 10k t5 bulb in the coralife fixture because it is now running red. Something happened to it.

I also need to purchase a smaller powerhead because the one I have is far too strong for this tank.

Attachments

• 1452736449495.jpg
    1452736449495.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 1452736457286.jpg
    1452736457286.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 70
My shrimp also won't leave that cave. :( I hope he's just acclimating to the tank

It will eventually be out more as it gets used to it's surroundings.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I know they are out more at night. I am assuming that I just don't see him do his thing. I do not want to have to selectively feed him.

Got him! I turned the light off and it didn't take long for him to come out.

I always thought that the Actinic lamps were lunar lights? Is that not the case?

Attachments

• 1452749657954.jpg
    1452749657954.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 54
No actinics are there for helping with coral coloration from what I understand. Moonlights should be very very dim and your tank should still have total darkness

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay so I had to leave town for a while and my roommate said that he would watch my tank. Unfortunately it seems he did an extremely poor job. There is some sort of growth all throughout the tank. I am not sure what it is or what to do... Thankfully both the shrimp and fish are still alive. I'll post pictures to give a visual

Back
Top Bottom