14000k mh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes tat it is true the color of the 14K is such that actinics are not needed. Dual 250's over a 75 would be perfect! Checkout the coralvue retro kits there bulbs can always be substituted for 14K's.

I know that the higher the k rating the more blue it has. I have 20,000 and don't need actinics. I don't know if 14,000 is enough to get rid of the blues or not. 2 250 is enough for a 75 . I you do need to use blues you could use the inexpensive no flour bulbs for a t12 fixture.

Yes I was typing my first reply while you were typing your first reply and apparently posted at the same time. I had the 14,000 for a while and they were a noticable improvement over the 10,000. Then I got the 20's and it was an amazing difference. I still use my actinics though because they allow me to have two timers and have the flour to come on and go off 1 hour before and after the mh to combat light shock. My fans are also hooked to that circuit to pull the residual heat from the mh after they go off.

Yep. I love my 14K Coralvues. They provide the perfect blue for me. I rarely use my 10,000K on my coralife unit. I just use the actinics for dusk to dawn simulation.

Mike

if i were to use 14k what would i use for the dawn and dusk efeects could i use 1 or 2 40 watt 50/50 bulbs for the dawn and dusk if i use the 14k

Before I got my 14K MH, I used a Blue Moon 40w bulb for the dusk to dawn effect. It is a nice bulb and will enhance your tank color better.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom