Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

150 gallon

So my dad was working at a house and the owner ofered him a 150 gallon tank with wet n dry filter i already have a 60 gallon sw and upgrading would cost so much $$ so i want to sell it any suggestions prices ets.?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I'd leak test it first... If you're feeling generous, let me know and i'll pm you my address to ship it to me . If you actually want to sell it, you're looking at about 2-300 for the tank (if it doesn't leak), maybe more since it has overflows (this will of course depend on what tanks go for in your area... all these prices are what stuff like that goes for around here). The wet/dry filter is probably another $50-100. The pump could be worth alot, or nothing, that all depends on what kind it is and how many gph its rated for.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

well it says little giant on it but idk how to tell how many gph it is
Old 08-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Little giant makes excellent pumps, mostly for ponds, commercial applications, etc. very good quality. The output varies. Great find, if i were close enough id buy it as well and pick it up. The freight would kill you.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeKeeper View Post
Little giant makes excellent pumps, mostly for ponds, commercial applications, etc. very good quality. The output varies. Great find, if i were close enough id buy it as well and pick it up. The freight would kill you.

lol so do you thimk i shoold keep the filter and sell the tank only?

i have 60 gallon sw reef tank
Old 08-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I think you should keep the whole setup... but if you cant you cant. Seems like I've seen several people recommend against using wet/dry filters for sw, because they can lead to nitrate issues if not maintained properly.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
I think you should keep the whole setup... but if you cant you cant. Seems like I've seen several people recommend against using wet/dry filters for sw, because they can lead to nitrate issues if not maintained properly.

i would but just dont have the money to support it :/

in my 60 gallon i have everything set up all i need is some more coral and fish.

Tags
150 gallon, 50 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com