150 gallon reef stocking plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy444

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was look on live aquaria about corals and I like them. I was gonna go FOWLR but I like the corals!!Stocking list:

1 harlequin tusk(already have)
1 blue hippo tang
1 russel's lionfish
1 bluethroat trigger

And I have no clue what are good beginner corals.
Suggestions,comments,etc are greatly appreciated!!:D
I have T5 lights(2).
I was thinking green polyp and stuff!!
You can tell,I'm a noob at this stuff :D

Hmmm trigger

Im not sure but that trigger/coral combo sounds iffy to me, be sure to check that any fish you add are considered reef safe, Corals are not cheeep

I can already tell you that two bulbs will not even be close. First it needs to be a T5HO system. Then it will need to be a most likely 8 bulb system. Just make sure it`s a high output system. I too would check out those fish to see if they are reef safe. I can tell you some are not.

Thanks. I searched and all are sessile safe, but the trigger is not 100%. Also what's a T5HO? 8 bulb system?Not sure on the watts.
Thanks for the feedback.

thanks but I can't do a reef;not enough money :(.Is the russell's lionfish and bluethroat trigger compatible?

You are better off going with FOWLR.Its somewhat cheaper and just as nice.You also have a better selection of fish.

Thanks for the advice.I'm going FOWLR as originally planned.
Is the russell's lionfish and bluechin trigger compatible?I read that the trigger won't harass it's tanlmates.

Just remember that you dont have to buy expensive lighting systems. Buy retro fits and do it much cheaper.

what are retro fits?
I was just wondering if the russell's lionfish and bluethroat trigger compatible?
I read that the trigger does not harass tankmates.

They are like DIY lighting. Buying the bulbs and endcaps and putting them in your canopy or whatever type top you have.

I once had a russell's lionfish and it left all of my other fish alone....minus the smaller goby that it ate...from my experience they do not bother other fish....as long as the fish is too big to fit in its mouth.
Marine Compatability Chart this chart says compatible with caution

Back
Top Bottom