150 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kio707

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a 150 gal and looking for stocking options. I currently have a 90 gal going into the new tank. It is a reef tank. Current stock is as follows:

2 x true clowns
1 x one spotted fox face
1 x starry bleeny
1 x flame hawkfish
1 x kole yellow eyed tang
1 x cardinal
2 x cleaner shrimp

Any suggestions are welcome.

I would add a yellow tang 2 blue chromis and a peppermint shrimp and dnt forget to get a strong cuc of around 15 hermits and 20 snails plus the shrimp but anyway the stuff i said to add should fit,and are compatible and good looking with big personality good luck!

I had some slight issues when Ihad the Kole tang and yellow tang, the body shapes re very similar. Dont know if it would have worked out in the end as the Kole passed away.

But if you want multiple tangs I would add them all at once. :)

I would add a yellow tang 2 blue chromis and a peppermint shrimp and dnt forget to get a strong cuc of around 15 hermits and 20 snails plus the shrimp but anyway the stuff i said to add should fit,and are compatible and good looking with big personality good luck!

My cuc is is very strong... lol... I ordered ir from reefcleaners for a 75gal... Man they give you a lot...lol:ROFLMAO:

I had some slight issues when Ihad the Kole tang and yellow tang, the body shapes re very similar. Dont know if it would have worked out in the end as the Kole passed away.

But if you want multiple tangs I would add them all at once. :)

Got any suggestions?

That's what I keep telling people....lol I'll probably just order in pieces for my newer tanks. I'm just about OVER hermits and them killing each other. I have hundreds of shells but nooooo they gotta kill each other for theirs.

Think I may go a different route with this tank, maybe do FOWLR. What lil corals I got, keep and do a more aggressive tank. Triggers, puffers, etc.... Opinions?

LOL I;m in the same boat. I;m making a list as we speak as to what I want as potential fish in the 90g. I'm thinking aggressive maybe and definitely not coral safe fish. Something different!

You may lose the corals you do have though, or you could sell them off...just a thought...:)

LOL I;m in the same boat. I;m making a list as we speak as to what I want as potential fish in the 90g. I'm thinking aggressive maybe and definitely not coral safe fish. Something different!

You may lose the corals you do have though, or you could sell them off...just a thought...:)

Yeah, most is attached to the LR, only hard part... IDK, just a thought. Guess I need the tank first...lol

your getting a niger i thought??
He won't harm your corals,,no trigger or puffer will...The may move em around once in awhile ,,but won't eat em or nip em...They not considered "reef" safe because full reefs are considered to have all the shrimp and stars and stuff...BTW your CUC will be eaten if you get that trigger

IMO FOWLR is much more fun than boring reefs and boring fish:lol:

your getting a niger i thought??
He won't harm your corals,,no trigger or puffer will...The may move em around once in awhile ,,but won't eat em or nip em...

Really? And they want eat what I already stock?:confused:

As far as what,,fish or corals ....NO....They don't eat corals ...They are predators and eat meat(May eat a fish,but we talked about that already)...If you put all the fish in at once (including the trigger)Your tank should be just fine...Especially with the Niger..I never heard of those going postal:lol: Clowns and Humus are a different story

As far as what,,fish or corals ....NO....They don't eat corals ...They are predators and eat meat(May eat a fish,but we talked about that already)...If you put all the fish in at once (including the trigger)Your tank should be just fine...Especially with the Niger..I never heard of those going postal:lol: Clowns and Humus are a different story

I looked over my older threads, but we never talked about triggers and stuff. First time I've mentioned them.:blink: I do appreciate the advice I'm getting now...lol. I was going to ask about the Huma, but I guess you answered that. Lionfish ok to get if my fish are bigger then a inch? Only real small fish I have are my bleeny, gopy, and my clownfish.

Well ,i'm still new here,,must be getting you confused with someone else:lol: Sorry..
A lionfish and trigger are a no-no too...The trigger usually doesn't play nice,,they really like the long flowing fins and go after them..Lions IMO are one of the more boring fish,,cool looking yes ,but usually just hang in a corner waiting to be fed...They come eat and go back to sleep:lol: ...I think eventually though it will go after your clowns and goby...I would put the lion in your old 90 alone..
I would not get a HUMU,,i really think i'll be trading mine in after the upgrade

EDIT:its slitherbob i talked about triggers with ....sorry buddy..

Achilles Tang? But you think the Niger trigger would do fine?

Yes i do,,
,but personally don't think a 150 is big enough for an Achilles...they are crazy active,,..i never owned one ,but a buddy of mine had one in his 180 and just knew it wasn't too happy in there...

Hi guys! LOLOLOL I'm getting NY Niger trigger within an hour. I'll tell you how he first reacts when put in my tank just as a small reference point.

Yes i do,,
,but personally don't think a 150 is big enough for an Achilles...they are crazy active,,..i never owned one ,but a buddy of mine had one in his 180 and just knew it wasn't too happy in there...

Ok, so I'll stick with the blue tang. Opinions on snowflake eels?

Back
Top Bottom