Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

150 gallon stocking

I am getting a 150 gal and looking for stocking options. I currently have a 90 gal going into the new tank. It is a reef tank. Current stock is as follows:

2 x true clowns
1 x one spotted fox face
1 x starry bleeny
1 x flame hawkfish
1 x kole yellow eyed tang
1 x cardinal
2 x cleaner shrimp

Any suggestions are welcome.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would add a yellow tang 2 blue chromis and a peppermint shrimp and dnt forget to get a strong cuc of around 15 hermits and 20 snails plus the shrimp but anyway the stuff i said to add should fit,and are compatible and good looking with big personality good luck!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I had some slight issues when Ihad the Kole tang and yellow tang, the body shapes re very similar. Dont know if it would have worked out in the end as the Kole passed away.

But if you want multiple tangs I would add them all at once.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharklover View Post
I would add a yellow tang 2 blue chromis and a peppermint shrimp and dnt forget to get a strong cuc of around 15 hermits and 20 snails plus the shrimp but anyway the stuff i said to add should fit,and are compatible and good looking with big personality good luck!

My cuc is is very strong... lol... I ordered ir from reefcleaners for a 75gal... Man they give you a lot...lol
Old 09-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I had some slight issues when Ihad the Kole tang and yellow tang, the body shapes re very similar. Dont know if it would have worked out in the end as the Kole passed away.

But if you want multiple tangs I would add them all at once.

Got any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That's what I keep telling people....lol I'll probably just order in pieces for my newer tanks. I'm just about OVER hermits and them killing each other. I have hundreds of shells but nooooo they gotta kill each other for theirs.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Think I may go a different route with this tank, maybe do FOWLR. What lil corals I got, keep and do a more aggressive tank. Triggers, puffers, etc.... Opinions?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL I;m in the same boat. I;m making a list as we speak as to what I want as potential fish in the 90g. I'm thinking aggressive maybe and definitely not coral safe fish. Something different!

You may lose the corals you do have though, or you could sell them off...just a thought...
Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
LOL I;m in the same boat. I;m making a list as we speak as to what I want as potential fish in the 90g. I'm thinking aggressive maybe and definitely not coral safe fish. Something different!

You may lose the corals you do have though, or you could sell them off...just a thought...

Yeah, most is attached to the LR, only hard part... IDK, just a thought. Guess I need the tank first...lol
Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

your getting a niger i thought??
He won't harm your corals,,no trigger or puffer will...The may move em around once in awhile ,,but won't eat em or nip em...They not considered "reef" safe because full reefs are considered to have all the shrimp and stars and stuff...BTW your CUC will be eaten if you get that trigger

IMO FOWLR is much more fun than boring reefs and boring fish

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
150 gallon, 50 gallon, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com