150g cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmattingly117

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys. I started this thread in the getting started category but thought I’d move over to this side. Here’s my build and progress. Things are looking good and going well. Having a few issues with over flow but overall digging the setup this far.
I bought a used 150g cube off Craigslist about 2 hours away from me and managed to trailer everything home safe! It’s a 36x36x27 cube with starphire glass. Really rough stand that I plan on dressing up soon. Also a synergy shadow 16’’ overflow(this is where my issues are). Also 60g sump. Over 100lbs of love rock and 65lbs of live sand. 2 Maxspect razor r420r 130w leds. I’m topping off manually with a 40 breeder full of ro water I keep under the stand as well, with a small return and soft tubing I just turn on every other day to top off. Will be getting an ato soon. There’s probably more but I’ll get to that later.
I have a cuc and 1 fish so far. (Yellow tang) I set all my rock up really quick and kind of blindly standing over my tank lol. But I will say it turned out to be pretty awesome in my opinion. Tons of caves and hides for fish and more than enough ledges and places for coral. It will be a mixed reef eventually. Here’s so pics to show you the process and progress. IMG_3592.jpgIMG_3593.jpg56961609829__D3ADD5FE-2320-4A65-BF70-EA20062F8EAD.jpgIMG_3632.jpg

Well here’s an update if anyone seems to be interested. So far so good! All parameters seem to be stable so far, my nitrates ate a little high but I believe it’s because I used the last owners sand ??*♂️. Wish I had gotten new but it’s done ok, surprisingly. I’ve added 2 more fish and will likely next add some coral or a pair of clowns. I added a paddle fin wrasse and a blue spot puffer. Here’s some pics for ya!IMG_3910.JPGIMG_3907.jpgIMG_3909.jpgIMG_3908.jpg

Back
Top Bottom