16th Annual Marine Aquarium Conference of North America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
If your even remotely able to attend this it will be well worth it. I wish I could attend but it seems like its always happening right around the start of the college's academic year and thats my busiest time.

The 16th Annual Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA) is offering an Early Registration Discount for people who register before March 31st.

The event is going to be held on September 10-12, 2004 at the Hyatt Harborside in Boston, MA.

EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT IS $150 (must register before March 31st)

FREE EXHIBITS ONLY REGISTRATION (must register before August 10th)

Check out their web site for complete information about the event. http://www.macnaboston.com/

Here are some of the highlights:

>From the Opening Night Harbor Cruise through the Gala Banquet at the
>New England Aquarium to the Closing Raffle, the 16th Annual

Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA XVI) is sure to be an educational and entertaining event you don’t want to miss.

Speakers from across the globe will convene in historic Boston Massachusetts for this three day event including:

Eric Borneman Daniel Knop

Anthony Calfo Martin Moe

Dr. Bruce Carlson Dana Riddle

Helmut Debelius Walt Smith

Charles Delbeek Julian Sprung

Bob Fenner Rob Toonan

Tom Frakes Steve Tyree

Randy Holmes-Farley J. “Charlie” Veron

Larry Jackson E.O. Wilson

Sanjay Joshi Joe Yaiullo

Four Interactive Workshops

Hands-on get-wet workshops will include Coral Fragging with Anthony Calfo and Greg Hiller and Aquarium Photography with Daniel Knop.

* Book Signings * Raffles * Giveaways * and for the first time . . .

* Awards for Best Exhibits & Displays *

New England Aquarium Public Aquaria Sessions

NEAQ will be hosting a day of MACNA Public Aquaria Sessions on Jellyfish, Fish Culture and a Corals Roundtable featuring extensive panels

with Dr. Bruce Carlson, Charles Delbeek and Joe Yaiullo. In addition a limited number of behind the scenes tours of the aquarium will be conducted.

* It’s Not Just For Hobbyists Anymore *

Over 100 manufacturers, importers, aqua-farmers, wholesalers and retailers will be exhibiting. Many manufacturers will unveil new products at MACNA .

MACNA XVI is now a venue where buyers and sellers can do business.

http://www.macnaboston.com/

if I could find a way to justify the cost of spending 3 days in boston... I'd burn some vacation time!

Think of how much you will grow in the hobby. That should be justification enough for me. :)

how much?

how much is it to attend again? i live in boston so i could maybe get away with it. are they going to be selling anything?

Back
Top Bottom