180 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reef79

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone kept small gobies with large serpent star its about 14" across just wondering if it might eat small gobies if I were to add some

I'm not sure I would trust a large star like that with fish that barely get to 2 inches. lol I had a nano fish in my 125g and before long he kinda just got eaten up by the tank. :-(

What kind of gobies did you have in mind? I'm thinking clown gobies or stuff like that. lol Bigger gobies like watchmen would be fine.

Ya I was thinking clowns I guess I wont didn't think it was a good idea figured I'd ask anyway thanks for the replies

Looks good 79.
I really like the rockwork! Don't worry, diatoms really blow, but as long as your source water for changes is good, they will pass.
What kind of LED's are those? They look great. One of my next projects, moving from T5 to LED.

Tao tronics they are crazy bright and produce no heat tank stays 78 at all times no temp change and they are cheap compared to others only $150 a fixture on eBay saved over 500 bucks compared to lfs price for led fixture

Thanks, I def need to go LED. Tired of funding the bulb manufacturers and the power company!

Diatoms gone purple coraline starting. Added a matted file fish no issues yet been watching him all week

Took some pics earlier all algea gone going to start sps frags end of the month

ForumRunner_20120909_143844.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_143909.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_143955.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_144206.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_143909.jpg

I've never ordered online but I hear very good things about vividaquariums online store

Premium Aquatics had no sps at all listed. Vivid Aquariums has a lot to choose from thanks for the lead on that anyone used extreme corals before if so what was the results

Ahh yea sorry about premium aquatics! It seems like they don't list a majority of wat they have and mostly cater to locals it seems. I go there a lot and they always have a couple thousand of any and all healthy frags, but might only have "lots of frags" listed on their site under sps corals. Same with their fish, they will have tons at their shop that aren't listed on their site.

My apologies if I wasted your time!

No that's good to know aren't they in Indiana I live in Illinois may have to take a drive in a month or so and check them out. I've been to Inland Aquatics about 10 years ago they had a incredible facility and were captive breeding and raising clownfish. It was worth the trip.
Thanks

Here is some pics.

ForumRunner_20120915_184116.jpg

ForumRunner_20120915_184147.jpg

Made first attempts at propagation today started with some Superman zoas and my purple gorgonian both opened up and appear to be doing fine next will be the big leather

Back
Top Bottom