180 Gallon Bottom Trim Cracked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnathan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have a 180 Gal which the lower corner trim is cracked. Does this give the tank less stability or is it just for looks? If I need the trim, where do I get it or how do I make it?

My second question:
This tank is old, and the caulking seems to be hard and not soft. Should I go ahead and redo all the silicon just to be safe?

I'm going to use the tank for saltwater reef, so I definetly don't want this to break in my house.

Thanks for any advice you help me with, Johnathan

If the tank is used. I would go ahead and caulk the seams with 100% silicone (make sure it dosen't have mildew killers, like bath and kitchen caulk do). Let it dry for a day or so and then fill it up in the driveway. Check for leaks a few hours later.

I'm thinking about using liquid nails and glueing two sheets of 3/4 plywood and tracing bottom of tank and cutting it out. I will use the middle piece to go on my stand and w/ the ring I'm going to make a new trim piece for the bottom. I will buy some pretty molding to glue to the plywood ring to make it look pretty. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom