180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where is that Bonsai in your tank? Any tips for keeping the purple vibrant?

In my tank it is very low, close to the sandbed. But directly under a 250watt Radium in a LumenArc reflector. I'd suggest medium light medium flow and stable parameters.

Interesting, i thought it would need quite a bit of light to maintain the purple. yours is so awesome though, i guess ill believe you :p

Here you go Jimbo..... still on the sandbed.
GARF Purple Bonsai
img_1141673_0_bc562809e1795c7792ae8c0f9b104012.jpg

And a few other shots, some of my frags are too far back in the tank for me to take a good focused picture. I really need that macro lense.

Ponape Birdsnest
img_1141673_1_6985b22c3f0b24a1580ad44062a2f6fb.jpg

Upscales Microcladus.....One of my newest additions, I couldn't focus this one. It is green with purple polyps.
img_1141673_2_84ee15a51eb7e9861c113bcd759cb873.jpg

img_1141673_3_44e87b0a0d2643c86c7e348e0f9e7b1f.jpg

img_1141673_4_d8c949f0b222e6ae1a62143be05af2d1.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, you have expensive taste A1. They are usually around $30-50 an inch. It's easily one of my favorites too. Mine looks more teal though, I hope it deepens up its colors a bit.

Also, you are a jerk for having such a nice bonsai. Mine still isn't very happy in my tank. It's polyps are coming out more and more though, so it's getting there I guess.

Also, you are a jerk for having such a nice bonsai. Mine still isn't very happy in my tank. It's polyps are coming out more and more though, so it's getting there I guess.

My bonsai went through a similar stage in the begining... an my Hawkins, I almost through my Hawkins out because it browned out for sooo long. Your pieces will come around nicely.

Its taken forever for my Verde and Nana to come around. They browned out really bad in shipping, and I have seen lots of similar accounts. All I have is time though :p I can't wait to fill up a 180 like yours with SPS.

Its taken forever for my Verde and Nana to come around. They browned out really bad in shipping, and I have seen lots of similar accounts. All I have is time though :p I can't wait to fill up a 180 like yours with SPS.
I had that microcladus in the picture shipped to me. It came in brown and took a couple months to color up. I also got the strawberry shortcake in that same shipment which is still trying to color up. How long have you had the verde and nana?

haha OK so forever might have been a slight over statement. Just around a month now :p. lol i'm impatient with my corals color. growth I can wait on, but staring at a brown twig every day gets to me. I need to take some updated pics tonight of everything.

haha OK so forever might have been a slight over statement. Just around a month now :p. lol i'm impatient with my corals color. growth I can wait on, but staring at a brown twig every day gets to me. I need to take some updated pics tonight of everything.

I'd like to see your updated pics. Im big on thread with pictures, don't know if thats just me or everybody.... so I try to add pictures to my thread.
I'm with you though, I look at every coral every day looking for color improvement. Unfortunately, I think it's like watching a pot of water boil.

I need to start checking out your LED threads, since I am going to need a third light source soon and I can't add a third halide because of a wide center brace.

I'd like to see your updated pics. Im big on thread with pictures, don't know if thats just me or everybody.... so I try to add pictures to my thread.
I'm with you though, I look at every coral every day looking for color improvement. Unfortunately, I think it's like watching a pot of water boil.

I need to start checking out your LED threads, since I am going to need a third light source soon and I can't add a third halide because of a wide center brace.

I am doing an LED set-up but it will probably be September before it is set-up and I will try and find a PAR meter close by test the power of the lights at various depths in my tank

I am doing an LED set-up but it will probably be September before it is set-up and I will try and find a PAR meter close by test the power of the lights at various depths in my tank

I will keep an eye out for that one too. I probably will be around Sept too.

Rouge Milli
You can see in the pic how I really need to get that third light source in the middle of my halides.... the left side of the frag is in a shadow, not good.
img_1142619_0_bf4a2e31daabaed6eebbec8c6f92e260.jpg

Back
Top Bottom