180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scribbled Rabbitfish(Siganus Doliatus)
img_1165057_0_a9ce9abab05b8bd1c4c7aa6f4bccc061.jpg

Sad but the only before picture I could find. (ive upgraded cameras since then)
ORA TriColor Valida Dec/2009
img_1165435_0_04bba30133f35166b0441f28e4aabda1.jpg

ORA TriColor Valida Oct/2010
img_1165435_1_906b322db7d9958405b0106afb007bbf.jpg

Thanks Greenmaster and Jimbo!
The new stuff is doing ok. The Rainbow Delight and Oregon Tort lost a little color. I'm not too concerned yet because that happens with a lot of my sps at first. The Ice Fire and Setosa are looking about the same, except the Setosa healed up that little white spot on top.

i hope you havent already answered this for someone else but how much did the tank, stand, canopy (seperated lights), and sump cost?

if you could separate it that would be great, because i know you got a custom tank

i hope you havent already answered this for someone else but how much did the tank, stand, canopy (seperated lights), and sump cost?

if you could separate it that would be great, because i know you got a custom tank

Good question, I seriously don't remember, which is sad because it was less than 2-years ago. Ballpark figures I think the tank/stand/canopy was around $2000 and the sump was around $250

Good question, I seriously don't remember, which is sad because it was less than 2-years ago. Ballpark figures I think the tank/stand/canopy was around $2000 and the sump was around $250

That sounds about right for the tank and stand you have.

This is not so much a growth picture because I got tired of this piece being brown (as I bought it) and when it fell face down into the sand in the back of my tank I left it there to die. Then months later, maybe even a year later, I noticed something green with purple polyps catching my eyes... in the back of my tank on the sandbed. I found this:
img_1168450_0_5b3b378d4e3acb3610c4ef8ee579c27a.jpg

When I got it, it looked like this below. As you can see, although it landed face down, it grew up the sides.
img_1168450_1_143bbe7153d43b4f06f1c71869c541dc.jpg

That's awesome... Do you think it had too much light where you first put it?

Hard to say because when I first bought it I only had VHO lights. Then I got the halides and it stayed brown. If I had to guess I think it is a combination of two things 1. Like you said, if prefers lower light, 2. It wasn't being messed with and moved around. And, of course I keep my tank as stable as possible which makes it happy.

At the show today I got some really nice big flat shelf pieces of base rock. My plan is to join my two islands together with the big flat piece of coral real estate. I also saw lots of LEDs and I am close to making a purchasing decision on which LEDs I am going with. I also got this coral below which caught my eye. It is an Aussie Acro, pink with green tips and white polyps.
img_1169105_0_564ebfccb06dd761d3f831f7211fbb84.jpg

Back
Top Bottom