I took most of yesterday to take everything (except for substrate) out of my 75-gallon and put it into my new 180-gallon. I did not place any of the corals yet, I have them spread out on the sand for now. I will probably keep the coral down there for awhile since they are going from all VHO
lighting to 250-watt halides with lumenarc reflectors. That should be a huge difference for them, so I will keep them on the bottom and start off by only running my halides for about 2-hours a day and slowly increase the time up to 8-hours a day. Finally my little sps
frags have the chance to GROW beyond snail speed.
I also have not completely finished my aquascaping but at least the foundation is laid. You can see my rock is a mixture of base rock and live rock. Eventually the base rock will match the color of the LR
and look better. This picture is with the flash on and full lights on. The other picture is with no flash and actinic only.
So far I have an instant cycle as I planned, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.