180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't taken any yet. I will take some soon. It is still a bunch of "name brand LE" corals which I bought as tiny frags. However they are growing out into mini colonies. So nothing overly exciting yet. This time next year will be a different story. But, I'm glad you asked because I need to keep up on the progression pictures of the tank. For those interested in the sps LE trend, my list so far includes:

Tyree Pink Lemonade Acro
Tyree Royal Plum Acro
Tyree 20k Lokani Acro
Tyree Mike Paletta Truquoise Acro
Tryee Sunset Monti
Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti
ORA Red Planet
ORA Pearlberry
ORA Hawkins Echinata
ORA Tri Color Valida
GARF Bonsai
Although it is a little more expensive to buy the named corals I like it because they are usually only available in small frags which need to grow out. This forces me to not fill my entire tank up too fast. Plus it is a challenge to grow the little frags into big colonies while keeping their color. Also, one day when I need to start trimming back my coral from touching one another, it will be much easier to sell the pieces I had to trim off if they are LE corals. Lastly, I see it as a hobby of collecting and want to collect the more rare cool stuff.

Here you go at FTS, I need to learn how to work this camera. It is DSRL type, so lots to learn.

img_1062858_0_079e6c41ff59536f9db841486fa97a0e.jpg

img_1062858_1_185ee955653808d49bb59a755d579726.jpg

Nice. What fish is hanging with the Sailfin and Blue in the bottom pic? Is it a Rabbitfish?

Mitchell0605- Thanks for your interest. You are correct that is Rabbitfish, is is called a Scribbled Rabbitfish( if you look close at the pic below you can see the blue "scibbled" maze like pattern. Make sure to click on the bar above the picture to blow it up) and the scientific name is S. Doliatus. Here is a closer picture of him below. He loves to follow the Sailfin around all over the place. He is one of the few types of fish which may or may not eat bubble algae. I bought him exactly for this reason, hoping he would eat bubble algae. Fortunatley for me he does eat it in my tank! He helped me over come a pretty bad bubble algae (valonia) outbreak I had a few months ago.

img_1062865_0_27574c179fe69e3bb4c1a738a8c6a24a.jpg

I went coral shopping today too.... I think it was the first time I bought coral since the end of October. Not too bad, now I am going to try and hold off until March for my next coral purchases/coral fix. Today I got:
Green Polyp Birdsnest (my wife liked it so I got it)
Tyree Ponape Birdsnest
Tyree Ultimate Blue Staghorn
Rainbow Stylophora (my old frag didn't make it)

Mitchell0605- Thanks for your interest. You are correct that is Rabbitfish, is is called a Scribbled Rabbitfish( if you look close at the pic below you can see the blue "scibbled" maze like pattern. Make sure to click on the bar above the picture to blow it up) and the scientific name is S. Doliatus. Here is a closer picture of him below. He loves to follow the Sailfin around all over the place. He is one of the few types of fish which may or may not eat bubble algae. I bought him exactly for this reason, hoping he would eat bubble algae. Fortunatley for me he does eat it in my tank! He helped me over come a pretty bad bubble algae (valonia) outbreak I had a few months ago.

img_1063035_0_27574c179fe69e3bb4c1a738a8c6a24a.jpg

He is a beautiful fish. One thing I've noticed about all Rabbitfish I've seen is they all seem to have milky-white eyes. Is that standard across the species?

Good luck with the Achilles. They, along with clown tangs, are probably 1 of the hardest, if not the hardest tang to keep alive.

Good luck with the Achilles. They, along with clown tangs, are probably 1 of the hardest, if not the hardest tang to keep alive.

I may need a little luck on my side. I am well aware of how hard they are to keep alive and their needs. A small part of me getting one was the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom