180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't figure out how to take a good FTS. Here is what I came up with. The first one is with the flash on and all the tank lights on, with the flash off everything was washed out. The second pic is with the flash off and only blue+ T5 on. All the coral in my tank was started from a small frag. Mostly aquacultured.
img_1116713_0_a672b2ab43da4637f4356236e020a4f5.jpg

img_1116713_1_e44cb81a63df07f9f3909b6dfe7d2bdc.jpg

Awesome Ryshark. Love Achilles still. :lol:

Thank you. Me too, I find myself paying most attention to Achilles in regards to my fish. He is not shy at all and I am happy to say he finally loves to eat Formula 2. Lately I have been chopping up a Formula 2 cube every other day and then soaking it in Garlic, Selcon and VitaChem before feeding it to the tank. I have had him a little over 3-months now. These fish are considered EXTREMELY hard to keep alive. I'm probably not out of the woods just yet, but I like to think he is well acclimated and will live a long life.

I like your aquascape also. The way you've set-up your rocks in the 'open' fashion reminds me of another tank (a RC TOTM) that grew out fantastically. Here's the link: Tank of the Month - March 2009 - Reefkeeping.com

I set up my rocks before I saw that TOTM, obviously because my build started in the end of '08. However, that tank from ReefBum is probably my favorite. He has another recent link that expains his success. I will try to find it after work today.

Well I must say that I am very impressed with the growth and apparent health of your system! You have done an awesome job and your corals reflect it! Nicely done! I will have to hit you up for some frags in the near future when I get my tiny little tank set up.

Well I must say that I am very impressed with the growth and apparent health of your system! You have done an awesome job and your corals reflect it! Nicely done! I will have to hit you up for some frags in the near future when I get my tiny little tank set up.

Thanks Allen, that means a lot coming from you. I always enjoyed reading your threads, responses/advise and looking at the pictures of your tank. I still remember the 72-gallon bow in its hay day, you had a lot of nice pieces in there and lots of sps which is obviously my favorite. It was an early inspiration.
Eventually I will have to cut back some of my corals and I would be glad to let the frags go for not too much more than shipping. I don't mean to sound snooty, but it will be pretty much all LE pieces with lineage. Thats pretty much all I find myself buying these days.
I recently picked up a Strawberry Shortcake aussie acro frag and an Upscales Microcladus, however they both came in browned out. Hopefully I can get them to color up so I can post pics.
Ryan

I'd be fine with pics anyway. ;) BTW Why is it impossible for me to find some awesome Aussie Acros here in AUSTRALIA, but it's the simplest thing in AMERICA?!?

Wow, read this whole thread...lots of info I'll need in the near future so I just had to tag :)
Love your tank and all the hard work you've put into it. Great Job.
Oh, and great job to both you and your wife on the baby boy, which by now must be a big boy :) It is a boy, correct? There was a lot of reading so forgive me if it's a girl :D

Back
Top Bottom