180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Ryshark did you ever get the third MH you were talking about? I just reread the thread and realised you never mentioned it again after the initial thought.

Wow, read this whole thread...lots of info I'll need in the near future so I just had to tag :)
Love your tank and all the hard work you've put into it. Great Job.
Oh, and great job to both you and your wife on the baby boy, which by now must be a big boy :) It is a boy, correct? There was a lot of reading so forgive me if it's a girl :D

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, he is 18-months now, cruising all over the house and always wants to go outside and play.

Hey Ryshark did you ever get the third MH you were talking about? I just reread the thread and realised you never mentioned it again after the initial thought.

Good question. I did not get it because I spoke with the manufacture of my acrylic tank and they said do not put a halide above the center brace even if it is only 150watt and even if it is high up. I do need another light source though because 2-halides over a 6-foot tank is creating shaded areas and I am starting to see the effects of that as my coral grows.
Now I have a new plan which is to put LEDs in the center. As of right now it looks like it will have to be a DIY type project because I don't see many pre-assembled LED retrofit kits out there with 60* optical lenses. I will probably get to this project sometime later this year.
Before spending the money on the LEDs I want to buy some battery backups for my Vortechs. I am going out of town in August, and I will feel better with those on my tank while I am away. I think with a power outage or a GFCI trip, Achilles would theoretically be the first to go. I plan on hiring somebody to check out the tank every-other day.

Good idea. Hate to lose Achilles. :) BTW how does the Vortech work? How does the power transfer to make the propeller go?

The Vortech works magnetically through the panel. Its pretty neat, none of the heat from the powerhead gets into the tank. Plus the flow pattern and modes on them is awesome.

LE Ponape Seriatopora
January 2010
img_1120676_0_98d4bc3f236c7221d11d598d7e366845.jpg

June 2010
img_1120676_1_4e836658a2b06de7524dc2831e6aa268.jpg

Acan Lord, started as a few heads but I can't find the picture
Now
img_1120676_2_1406c39e08182f528d561c534ab3d3f0.jpg

Ricordea Florida, purchased as 1-head awhile ago
img_1120676_3_889b1a74613f083e293c071fc85c2285.jpg

How large was your bonsai when you got it? And how long ago was that?
I don't know if you have photoshop, but you could take those FTS and adjust the levels pretty easily to make them look like you want.

How large was your bonsai when you got it? And how long ago was that?
I don't know if you have photoshop, but you could take those FTS and adjust the levels pretty easily to make them look like you want.

This is how large the bonsai was when I first got it a little over a year and a half ago.
img_1120836_0_8853fac8dc09a926f2a4b662ab7b4eec.jpg

I have never used photoshop before, I'm not one to alter pictures. If it makes the picture look more like it does in real life, thats one thing, but I think some people get a little carried away with misrepresentation. With that said, my wife does have photoshop on this computer, maybe I can ask her how to adjust the white balance or something for those fts and see how it looks more like it does in person.

:) I'll have to put that on a t-shirt..."Got Frags?" I'll have to add a Fishy line to my webstore when I get it running, lol

Back
Top Bottom