Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Possibly the pistol or maybee a hitchhiker mantis in lr I got a mantis come in on lr which also click red cellophane over a torch at night may help see what's lurking around. Not sayin ya got one but ya never know I didn't think I had one and they are NASTY

Scully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
dont blame the pistol just yet. if those were your only shrimp id say it was him but because you have two left i think i know the issue. unfortunately skunk cleaners seem to kill other shrimp and prefer to stay in pairs. there was an article in a recent magazine that said even if allowed plenty of room and food they will still usually do this

Sps addict!

classklown90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
One of the remaining cleaner shrimp molted a couple of days ago and is fine, so it appears that Classklown is correct. I had wondered about the pistol shrimp, though, as I did see it snap at one of the cleaner shrimp when it came close one night. It almost looked as if the goby was luring it toward the pistol shrimp.... All is well for now, though.

Thank you for your help in figuring this out.
D & J
themartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
We think our Peppermint killed our Skunk at molt time, so don't rule that out either.

Trust no one - The ich is out there.
don_chuwish is offline   Reply With Quote

clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, deaths, eat, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com