2 Finnex Heaters dead in one week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
Had 2 finnex heaters one on my make up water and one on my tank. Both have died this week! Just walked in room with tank temp sitting at 76 heater lights are on and i can hold the heater in my hand! Wth?

I had one of those explode. They replaced it only to have the new one almost explode. I knew the signs the second time. Get a different brand and hope for the best. I will run heater less through summer and only use a heater as needed for winter.

The one in my display tank was 2 years old. The one in my make up water was a few months old but i think i killed that one. What were the signs of it exploding

Mine had digital temp display. The temp started to be wrong. Saying the tank was 79 when the other temp probe said 78. Then the heat would turn on and off randomly. I just watched it closely till I heard it crackling. So I took it out. That's what the first one did before it exploded.

Mine too was digital. I will probably buy another one, the one I had in sump was about 2 years old so can't really complain.

Got the new heater all was good, tank got as low as 72 and no effects actually I was suprised how well things looked. Makes me wonder why we don't run tanks lower than 78

Back
Top Bottom