Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

2 fish dead in 2 days!

I came home from work 2 days ago and didnt see one of my clowns. Started searching and found it dryed up on the ground. He went carpetsurfing. Yesterday, i was only seeing 1 of my 2 green chromis. Started searching everywhere and finally found it hiding under a rock in my chromises cave but i didnt see him come out once in the evening. When i just came back from work today. I found 1 of my green chromis dead on the sandbed under a rock half eaten by my fire shrimp. So here are my questions. Are chromis usually hardy? I had them for 5 months and always did good. My params are all good every coral if opening greatly. Should i bring back the remaining chromis if i dont plan on buying an other one? I am left with a female clown, should i purchase a new clown and hope they mate or my chances are greater by adding 2 new clowns? Should i take it out of leave the cuc have a good meal? Here's a picClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399063412.825532.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	235828

Old 05-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If you get another clown, I read somewhere back, reacclimate the clown that is in there. And chromis are a dime a dozen IME and IMO.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

And take out the dead fish
Old 05-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think Chromis are hit and miss. I've known people that kept small schools of them and had no issues and know just as many that had them die off , one by one, until one was left. I just got seven about a month ago and I'm down to one. The largest of the batch. That is in a holding tank that has had a Rabbitfish and a Leopard wrasse doing fine for a while, so it's not the tank. All but two seemed healthy from the start.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Good to know i noticed that its the less nice chromis that died. When i got him, he had pale/broken scale on the side and his dorsal spine was a bit chipped off. Anyways good to know think il just returne the other and let placenfor nicer fish
Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just came back home and found my remaining clown dried up on the ground. I guess he just commited suicide because he couldnt live without his soulmate... Ahaha. I guess this solves the problem of buying a different clown. Il just buy 2 new ones. Still very strange that 2 clowns went carpet surfing within 4 days...

Tags
dead, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com