2 heaters less stable than 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phases99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My 200w PCH Titanium broke last week so I replaced it with (2) 100w Visitherm Stealth Heaters. The PCH kept my tank stable between 79.7 - 80.1. The Stealth heaters are much less accurate with the morning temp around 78.8 and the evening temp at 80.6. This is way too much of a swing for me. Does anyone else have this issue using 2 heaters or are the Stealth's just subpar. Should I just get one 250w Won Pro Titanium and be done with it? I liked the idea of using 2 heaters for risk reduction.
Thanks

IMO thats not much of a swing in temp... I run around the same except during the summer I hit 82 on most days and 78 in the am and have had no issues..
I just got a new heater also and Im trying to get dialed in also.. There a PIA to get right sometimes..

I have (3) heaters in my tank.

(2) 300 watt

(1) 250 watt

All are set on 80 degrees, and are hooked upto a tempature controller that just turns them on and off as needed. This works fairly good in my 125 gallon tank.

Temp is normally 78-79 degrees all the time.

Mike

Alot of things can heat up a tank in addition to the heater such as lights and filtration... Your flux in temp isn't a big one...

I am more worried that the tank was used to no more than a .5 per day flux and suddenly its a 2F per day flux. I have moved one of the heaters out of my bakpak and into the main tank hoping that the increased water flow will make it more accurate. I chose 80f as my base temp because last summer the max was around 82f.

Back
Top Bottom