2 new perc clowns.. some q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Happy New Year!

About 2 weeks ago I purchased 2 percula clowns. One is smaller than the other. They were in a LFS tank for about 3 weeks. I have them in a 10g quarantine tank that I setup using 50% water from my 6 month old 65g tank and 50% freshly mixed water. I put a power filter from the 65 on the quarantine. I do 50% water changes 1 time a week. The fish are eating and doing very well. No signs of any parasites yet. :)

The larger of the 2 clowns is now showing a bit of aggression towards the smaller one. I'm assuming the larger one is the female. She will dart over and kinda bump the smaller one. He doesn't really run off but kinda turns toward her then starts twitching at her a bit. I do not notice any kind of nips from the smaller ones fins or any other damage. Do I need to seperate them or will he be ok?

Also.. I am starting to see some alge on the PVC parts in the QT. SHould I clean it off or let it be?

If all goes well and there are no signs of problems I plan on putting them in the main tank on 02/01/05.

Good luck to all of you in this New Year!

Thanks,

-Maximo

The algae is normal, have had it in my qt several times. Didn't seem to bother anything, you can clean it but I would not worry about it.
Yup, totally normal behavior for Clowns. The female is establishing her dominance. Enjoy the show. :)

Back
Top Bottom