2 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calqless

Aquarium Advice Regular
is this the beginning of hair algae and how do i get rid of it?

Attachments

• what is this.jpg
    what is this.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 99
In all honesty, there are so many topics on this, instead of waiting for a reply, you might as well read what's out there

I don't think that is hair algae. I've never seen it shoot up in single stalks like that. It usually starts in patches and grows up.
Might be spaghetti worms.

I had just gotten a BRS gfo & carbon reactor and added alot more lighting, LFS thinks i might have just shocked my tank allowing this to pop up and try to be king. Usually about once a week i move my PHs around to hit different places and blow up poo and what not. I think i had a fish die and my shrimp feasted like crazy, i couldnt find any body or bones, i pulled out my rock when i did my PWC and he didnt pop out, but if they thrimp and snails ate him the did so within a few hours.I havent seen him aound my tank so didnt jump out, he might have gotten sucked out when i did a PWC but i didnt see it in my driveway(i usually just let my water out into my driveway, its saltwater so it wont freeze over and it kills the plants that grow outta my concrete.)

Back
Top Bottom