2 questions for my overstocked tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
1st, I am using cc as my sub., Why is it turning a reddish brown?

and 2nd, most of the cc has been removed from UNDER my rocks, How is this happening?

"Why is it turning a reddish brown"
Algae, w/o more info my guess would be cyano or diatom

"most of the cc has been removed from UNDER my rocks, How is this happening"
have any star fish in your tank? They love to undermine your rocks. There are a number of fish that will do this as well.

Smonkey15 said:
no, but i'm sure they will just do it again. its a battle you probably couldn't win!
steve

:D I agree, I've tried moving things back to where I wanted them and the little critters just move them right back or mess them up again.

I just don't want any rock falling on them, so once in a while i'll keep pushing the cc back into place. :D Thanks

How are 4 clowns working out for you in a 46G?
Did you put them in at the same time?
How old are they?
I wanted that for my 90, but did not want to risk it.

Kaye

They get along just fine, got them all at the same time still in the shipping bags. (lfs gave me ick once so lesson learned). 1 is biggest, 2 middle, and 1 small. (they even gang up together on me when I go to do something in the tank) :lol:

My damsels used to do the same. I'd keep putting it back just to watch them move it again.

one thing you can do is dig out the CC and place the rock directly on the bottom of the tank (the actual glass)

most folks recomend doing this to avoid just such these issues.

Now that's a good idea, only problem is 2 of the condy's have attached themselves to the bottom of one of the rocks so that one I can't do it to. Thanks. :D

Back
Top Bottom