2 sets if clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a set of occe clowns.. month ag are doing great but was debating on getting a pair of the black and whites sorry for forgetting the name. I have a 55 gallon collum with about 50 pounds of live rock so there's plenty of room to be apart just wasn't sure if they would fight

I have 2 sets of clowns right now but i introduced both sets at the same time and they are all teeny tiny. I've heard they can get territorial. How big are your clowns now?

Very small compared to ones I've seen. Prolly one under an inch the other alittle over they are young.

It also matters apparently which clowns you mix. I mixed some b&w oscellaris with regular misbarred oscellaris. Both are very low on the aggression side. I read that true percula clowns are higher up on the aggression scale as well as maroon clowns and tomato clowns. clarkii ones are also good. i did alot of research before I got a second set. :)

It is really hit or miss, some people experience no issue at all while others end up with dead fish. Perculas, maroons, etc.. I would say are definite no's. My perculas are mean little things, just be prepared to separate them if things go south.

Back
Top Bottom