2 thermometers reading different temps???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a floating type thermometer from Walmart and when I put it in the tank, the temp reads 2 degrees higher than my current floating type thermometer. They are almost identical and reads Aquarium Thermometer on the back. Anyone know why the difference? I have them side by side...

Take out both and leave it in room next to each other. Check the temp after 30min-1hour.

Probabily its due to poor quality control there is ~1-2 C dif.

Hmm, just remembered that my brother has a temp gun... I'll shoot the water and see which thermometer is accurate.

One more question while Im asking about thermometers. Are the stainless steel ones ok to use?

Ok, tested it and the temp gun read 82.4-82.8. I guess my new Walmart thermometer is more accurate!

Any metal dip in the tank for long time is no good, even stainless steel.

I have about 5 different kinds of thermometers and every one gives me a different temperature. My favorite so far is the digital little time and temp device. It has a probe that goes in the aquarium, a backlight and it also shows the room temperature. They're like 20 bucks on most sites.

Back
Top Bottom