20 Gallon long reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good... Keep a close eye on your other corals too. The clown may/ or may not, even be the issue... The hammer just may have just been the most sensitive to something else.

I find low ALK usually cause my LPS to close up...

Sounds good... Keep a close eye on your other corals too. The clown may/ or may not, even be the issue... The hammer just may have just been the most sensitive to something else.

I find low ALK usually cause my LPS to close up...

OK thanks, I will let you know how it works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jeez maybe hammers are going through some weird moon phase...

This is mine right now...

Hammer still closed up. Put the bottle top over it to protect it from the clown but it still hasn't opened up.?

Hammer still closed up. Put the bottle top over it to protect it from the clown but it still hasn't opened up.?

Ugh... Sorry to hear that... 2 of my wall hammers are both closed tight too. Dunno what's up!

Got my purple long tentacle anemone today. Will be acclimating with a slow drip. I will upload a picture later.

Here is a picture of the purple tip anemone.

Attachments

• 1434725689743.jpg
    1434725689743.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 100
Thanks. I hope to put him in my 40B at home once the tank is at least a year old.

I hope to bring home the rest of my corals this week. I need to get some buckets to put my water in so I don't have to cycle the rank again.

I hope to bring home the rest of my corals this week. I need to get some buckets to put my water in so I don't have to cycle the rank again.

The water itself carries minimal nitrifying bacteria. Don't even waste your time transporting it. The only way to essentially avoid a new cycle would be to use established live rock (you would need to keep it fully submerged in tank water in buckets)...

Here are my tests.
Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0
P.H. - 8.4
Calcium - 460
K.H. - 125.3
Phosphates - 0
Salinity - 1.023

Do you always keep the alkalinity this low?
125.3~17.9=7dkh.

Is that to low? What should it be? I dose the tank every couple of days with Seachems 1&2.

It is the lower edge of recommended level.
7-11 dkh or 125.3-196.9 ppm.
My one tank eats KH @ a 2ppm level per week so I keep it in the upper end when I dose.
If your tanks is steady it may be fine.
I just noticed no one else chimming in or mentioning your results?

Back
Top Bottom