20 gallon nano reef help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoidzreef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started my new 20 gallon salt water reef aqarium it is stocked with live sand, 3 chunks of live rock, other fake decorations, 1 ocelaris clown fish, 3 electric blue damsels, 1 hermit crab and 2 bubble tip anenomies. im running a nano 511 canister filter and a power head n i was wondering if i even need an air pump? because every other reef tank ive seen doesnt have an bubbles in it

No, you do not need an air pump. It sounds like your tank might benefit from more flow, though. I don't think the nano canister provides much. Honestly, I probably wouldn't bother with the canister at all.

Welcome to the site!

No, you do not need an air pump. It sounds like your tank might benefit from more flow, though. I don't think the nano canister provides much. Honestly, I probably wouldn't bother with the canister at all.

Welcome to the site!
I agree with this. I air pump will just cause a lot of salt creep

If u have plenty of flow u don't need one if u are lacking flow use it till u get a good power head then u don't need it no more

Did you cycle your tank? Keep an eye on the bta they need a well established tank, do you know if they are clones? You might consider a powerhead but no air pump. Keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrates you are heavily stocked for a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom