20 gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isiah1820

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanted to get you guys opinion on stocking for a 20g reef looking to have clowns and a flame hawkfish I think the name was. FEED BACK

Clowns as in 2? I'd say it's pretty well stocked at that. Maybe 1 or 2 more very small low bioload fish. I love my goby and firefish :)

Only one response? that's how people end up with 4 clowns 3 tangs and 10 other fish in a 10g lol jus looking for u guys opinion on my 20g

Well here's your second response you can't get tangs triggers angels large or dwarf don't get damsels you can go with clowns and gobies just make it a nice reef tank

You could get two clowns, but not large variety like tomato or maroon-they get too big for a 20g. Flame hawks are supposed to be in a 30g minimum. I would say a max of 3-4 fish in a 20g. There's Firefish, there are small gobies and blennies, cardinal, chalk bass, Pygmy wrasse. There are several small fish that can go in a 20g. Look on liveaquaria.com in the nano SW section.

Beengirl said:
You could get two clowns, but not large variety like tomato or maroon-they get too big for a 20g. Flame hawks are supposed to be in a 30g minimum. I would say a max of 3-4 fish in a 20g. There's Firefish, there are small gobies and blennies, cardinal, chalk bass, Pygmy wrasse. There are several small fish that can go in a 20g. Look on liveaquaria.com in the nano SW section.

+1 spot on advice. The best thing a member looking for fish suggestions can do IMO is search live aquaria and start naming fish that he/she likes. Its much easier for us on here to say yes/no rather then naming every fish in the world... Haha :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
+1 spot on advice. The best thing a member looking for fish suggestions can do IMO is search live aquaria and start naming fish that he/she likes. Its much easier for us on here to say yes/no rather then naming every fish in the world... Haha :)

Was looking to have clowns and I really like flame hawkfish also some inverts

All I can say is that if you get too many fish and/or put fish that need bigger tanks into a 20g, they could get stressed out and end up with ich. Then they could all die. If you want 2clowns and a flame hawkfish, that's fine, just get a 30g instead. Petco's having a $1 per gallon sale right now.

Get the clowns then wait until you upgrade to get any more fish. Anyone that hasn't upgraded to a larger tank must not have room, got a large tank to begin withor didn't get off on the right foot. I am thinking of upgrading again well actually combining 3 of my tanks into one, I am just waiting for the right deal to come along. As far as invertebrates go you can do some research and decide which ones you want.

isiah1820 said:
Was looking to have clowns and I really like flame hawkfish also some inverts

Lol you cant. Flame hawk fish eat inverts.... Soo that definitly wont end well. I have a flame hawk and he is a beast, but i dont have any inverts.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol you cant. Flame hawk fish eat inverts.... Soo that definitly wont end well. I have a flame hawk and he is a beast, but i dont have any inverts.

Yea I been gettin mix advice on them eatin inverts.

Maybe 2 ocellarus clowns and a long nosed hawk? as far as inverts go I would def recommend the spider decorator crab and possibly some red legged hermits for a cuc? But the crabs awesome there not real small and the only living thing they have ever really messed with in my experience is turbo snails. They'll cover them selfs in anything they can find too so they take on all kinds of shapes and colors. Mines fav thing to wear is lettuce. Lol

ForumRunner_20120909_181810.jpg

Brandonjkoontz1 said:
Maybe 2 ocellarus clowns and a long nosed hawk? as far as inverts go I would def recommend the spider decorator crab and possibly some red legged hermits for a cuc? But the crabs awesome there not real small and the only living thing they have ever really messed with in my experience is turbo snails. They'll cover them selfs in anything they can find too so they take on all kinds of shapes and colors. Mines fav thing to wear is lettuce. Lol

Wow never seen one of these guys def going to look into them.

Back
Top Bottom