Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #161
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
I wouldn't worry about it. I would add after the cycle as long as your using Ro/Di water. you really shouldn't have anything to remove other then nitrates until you begin adding fish and feeding
Excellent. That's what I thought but I like to double check.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #162
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Update time. Cycle is moving along quickly especially since it has only been four days. Params tonight are as follows:

Temp:79
Specific Gravity: 1.025
PH: 8
Alk: 8
Ammonia: 2
Nitrite: 5
Nitrate: 5
Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 400

Will update tomorrow with my stocking plans, for review from the pro's here to make sure I am not making any rookie mistakes with what I am mixing.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #163
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quick question: Does the light on my Eheim Jager Heater ever go off? I have never seen it off yet. I keep a powerhead right next to the heater so it should be circulating the warm water pretty well. I thought the light would just be on when the heater was on but the wife accidentally threw the instructions away.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #164
Fish R friends, not food!

If the tank isnt overheating, I wouldnt worry about it. Great that you got nitrites right away. You are moving right along!
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #165
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman
If the tank isnt overheating, I wouldnt worry about it. Great that you got nitrites right away. You are moving right along!
Just wanted to make sure. Nitrates made it up to 10 ppm last night. Dosed ammonia back up will run full tests tomorrow night.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #166
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino
Quick question: Does the light on my Eheim Jager Heater ever go off? I have never seen it off yet. I keep a powerhead right next to the heater so it should be circulating the warm water pretty well. I thought the light would just be on when the heater was on but the wife accidentally threw the instructions away.
Not familiar with that heater, but when the light is on, just feel it. That will tell you if it is constantly on or not. Most heaters lights are only on when they are heating, might be different with that one though.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #167
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Mine is a different brand but the light goes from green to red. Green when it's off and red when it's heating.
Billbug68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #168
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbug68
Mine is a different brand but the light goes from green to red. Green when it's off and red when it's heating.
This is the way all of my Aqueon Pros are, great heaters. The Eheim Jager has great reviews online so I thought I would try it. But this part is a pain. I like to walk past and see yes or no if it is heating.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #169
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino

This is the way all of my Aqueon Pros are, great heaters. The Eheim Jager has great reviews online so I thought I would try it. But this part is a pain. I like to walk past and see yes or no if it is heating.
I did a quick google search just cuz I was curious and it sounds like it should turn off... Try feeling around it or turning the temp down to see if the light goes off... Otherwise I would think of maybe exchanging it for a new one... Could be defective and not heating at all or stuck on.

Edit: yeah mine is an aqueon pro and I love it so far, very accurate with the temps on the dial and I too like seeing the light green or red. Gives a little peace of mind!
Billbug68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #170
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbug68

I did a quick google search just cuz I was curious and it sounds like it should turn off... Try feeling around it or turning the temp down to see if the light goes off... Otherwise I would think of maybe exchanging it for a new one... Could be defective and not heating at all or stuck on.
This is what I thought as well. I emailed Marine Depot this morning. They actually replied quite thoroughly and sent me a link to a digital version of the user manual. I figured the 75 would easily heat the 20 long. I even have a powerhead right next to the heater to push warm water around. I hope I don't have a fubar heater right before the end of the cycle....I am ready for fish and corals lol.

Tags
build, long, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com