20 Long Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last one

The last one is the way it's going to be setup unless I come up with something else in the morning. I left it setup on my coffe table like it is in the last picture. So long as the wife or the dog does not mess with it I won't have to worry about trying to redo it.

All I can really say is that I am so excited that this tank is finally happening! I have been debating about doing one for over a year now and it still has not fully sank in that this weekend I am FINALLY going to have my first saltwater/reef tank! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!:dance:

Well the dog did exactly what I wanted him to not do. He decided to try to climb onto the coffee table and tumbled the whole structure.... So I went back to the drawing board and here is what I have come up with:

ForumRunner_20120712_001452.jpg

I am actually much happier with this!

Yes that i like!! Im following this thread for sure!! I wanna see how cool it is gonna look!!

Only suggestion I would have if your glueing the rocks possibly try and make an over hang on the left cove which would allow for more coral placement on the top portion of your tank (great for sps ;) lol) with a nice shaded area underneath for a possible sun coral or something

Mrc8858 said:
Only suggestion I would have if your glueing the rocks possibly try and make an over hang on the left cove which would allow for more coral placement on the top portion of your tank (great for sps ;) lol) with a nice shaded area underneath for a possible sun coral or something

Thanks the advice. That's an awesome idea. I have to get some live rock this weekend so I will trio to find a nice flat piece.

What type of glue/epoxy do you all recommend to hold the base rock?

Its been a few days since I have had time to do anything tank wise. Between work and family I have been getting pulled a million directions. So today I got some much needed tank time!

I finally have the scape down the way I want. After lunch today with the wife I will be going to Lowes to get a shockbuster gfci outlet adapter (not good with electrical stuff so I took the easy option). Then it will be ime to put in the sand. Then I am going to the lfs to get rodi and a few pieces of live rock then it is finally time to fill her up! Wish me luck!

Pics of the FINAL scape.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120716_110321.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120716_110321.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 116
Got my gfci adapter. Now I am trying to find a power strip that will be able to accommodate the number of plugs I need while my 2 light timers are plugged in.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120716_143508.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120716_143508.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom