20g aquarium reef tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone i have a 1 month old fowlr tank and i want to make it into a reef tank.

https://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/248262/product.web

would this light be good? and what kinds of corals can i have with this light?

anyone know of an online site in canada that sell affordable lighting and live corals/coral packages?

thanks for help

That'd be a great light for you, this one also could be had for a bit cheaper as well if you're interested: 2Ft/4Bulbs fixture

As for corals you could keep softies and LPS just about anywhere and possibly some lower-light SPS near the top

That'd be a great light for you, this one also could be had for a bit cheaper as well if you're interested: 2Ft/4Bulbs fixture

As for corals you could keep softies and LPS just about anywhere and possibly some lower-light SPS near the top

for the light you posted for me what bulb choice and color temperature should i choose ?

2 white, 2 blue. 14000K for the whites for a whiter, crisper look. Or you could choose 20000K for the whites if you like a more blue color

2 white, 2 blue. 14000K for the whites for a whiter, crisper look. Or you could choose 20000K for the whites if you like a more blue color

alright thanks and when/how long do i turn the lights on for ?

I personally have my whites on for 8hrs a day and once I get another timer my actinics will be on for 10hrs (An hour overlap before and after the whites). Some people like to mimic the ocean and do 12 hrs all on and 12hrs all of, but that grew too much algae for me

You should be able to find a nice balance in there for yourself

Back
Top Bottom