Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

20G Nano Updated Pictures

a few months going, had my ups and downs. But have deffentily taken everything away from it in a positive manner. Probably my current pride and joy. Ill keep the updates going. Moving to a 55g here within the next month.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

by the way i found a picture of my tank on its first day, this is all thanks to aquariumadvice.com and its fine members.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
wow you have a 20g with a tang and a mordian? wow. when people ask dont tell them your tank is thanks to AA. i hope you dont have any other pets that you would treat like that.

seriously this kinda pisses me off. excuse my rant but would you keep a saint bernard and make it like in a closet or a small cage? would you keep a throubreed and keep it in a 20foot dirt field and expect it to live. of course not because if you did you would go to jail or atleast be fined for inhuman treatment of animals. yet you can take 2 fish that have 0 business being in that tank and no one will do anything cause its fish.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

i love before and after photos! specially when there is a big difference like yours. Its looking great cant wait to see it after the upgrade
Old 05-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

is your mandarin eating frozen foods? if so i think the mandarin should be fine in the 20. I have a mandarin in my 28 gallon and he does great...on that note he does eat the frozen food and i know there is bugs in there for him because i see them often when i clean the filters. The tank size requirement is only for the mandarin's need for food...if it is getting enough food in the 20 gallon then he should be one happy fish

The tang i also think if iffy..he might be okay in the 55 gallon tank though..he is still very little and when looking up care for the regal tang i get minimum tank sizes anywhere from 20g-100g (i think the 20 gallon min is off...most sites are in the higher range of tank sizes...closer to the 100g)
Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
wow you have a 20g with a tang and a mordian? wow. when people ask dont tell them your tank is thanks to AA. i hope you dont have any other pets that you would treat like that.

seriously this kinda pisses me off. excuse my rant but would you keep a saint bernard and make it like in a closet or a small cage? would you keep a throubreed and keep it in a 20foot dirt field and expect it to live. of course not because if you did you would go to jail or atleast be fined for inhuman treatment of animals. yet you can take 2 fish that have 0 business being in that tank and no one will do anything cause its fish.
you should slow your roll "tuff guy" and know the story first, the tang was a birthday gift from someone who knew nothing about fish. If you read the top im moving to a 55g which still isnt enough but all i can afford. Theres no where take it as LFS policy is once the fish leaves the store no refunds. The goby, well hes gonna have to hold out until next month, but i currently feed him live copepods from the LFS.i Plan on getting a 55g with at least 85+ lbs of LR, probably 100lbs
Old 05-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I tried
Old 05-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Lets try to keep this civil folks. The OP knows about the situation and is moving the Tang to a 55g soon. It looks like he has even tried to get a LFS to take it back (from how I interpreted "Theres no where to take it").

As you were...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

i deff know a tang is terrible for a 20g, i know they love to swim and when she eats its god aweful, but ive trained her to eat, veggie flakes,sea weed, pellet food, frozen brine, frozen mysis, marine fusion. She seems quite healthy and has turned a deep beautiful blue. I feel bad for her often, but shes been in there when she was tiny. I dont think she knows any better at the moment
Old 05-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixisnowixi View Post
its not a mandarin by the way, its a target goby

latin name - synchiropus picturatus

common name - yellow target mandarin goby

also known as - target mandrain, green mandarin, picture dragonet, psychedelic mandrin

Tags
20 gallon, 20g nano, nano, pictures, updated

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com