20g sump/refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h20addict

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is the sump im currently running in my 75g internal overflow.

ForumRunner_20130328_081923.jpg

Now my g.f. Wants to get a mandrain for this tank down the line as she knows we want to be able to maintain a pod population without buying bottles of pods....
Can i get away with cheato in between the baffl. If not am i s o l?

You could get a breeder net place it in return side and dump some out or place a baffle on far end with a inch or two of space on the bottom to allow water to flow in and out wo taking away return space. Slip a piece of acrylic in and just super glue gel the top that's out of the water and pods will get sucked throw the pump

I do have a breeder net laying around! That seems like a good call! Ill throw that and a little cheeto in tonight and give it sum time

Whould the net/cheato combo be more affective on the intake or return side. And in a 75 with plenty of established live rock how long will i need to build the pod population i need for a fat and happy madarin

I would go on return side were that stick on thermometer is at. You will need a light for cheato clip on fixture with a 6500 curl q bulb works fine. Think about that baffle off the sump bottom a couple of inches for longterm. What other fish are in the tank? Most fish like pods.

Iv got a light on hand already i will be setting up. Just a pair of clowns and an adopted blue chromis...my options are open on that end.

ForumRunner_20130328_152054.jpg

Headed to grab sum cheato, should i just fill the basket full

ForumRunner_20130328_170926.jpg

Back
Top Bottom