20g Tall Mushroom Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have started a tank that is cycling right now for my clowns to live in for a year till I can upgrade to my 75g tank. They were just far to aggressive in my 25g and well I love them and cant just take them back to the fish store. So I set up a simple 20g tall for them to live in.

Equipment:
2x24watt fishneedit t5ho. Will have ATI blue+ and Purple+ bulbs
Aquaclear 50
Fluval Heater
425 Koralia

The tank is currently cycling, its going very quick. My test already show my Ammonia going down to .25, my Nitrite is at 5.0+, and my nitrates are 20ppm. The tank has been cycling about a week. It has 30lbs of Marco rock and about 2lbs of live rock I put in from my other tank to help with bacteria growth.

My plans for the tank are to have my pair of clowns in the tank and some inverts. I want to have a mushroom tank like I said so I am going to get mushrooms from my LFS they sell rocks with mushrooms and single mushooms. I think im going to mainly have the Ricordea mushrooms my LFS sells them for 5-7$ each they have greens, oranges, blues, reds so the tank should look nice. I love mushrooms but my flow in my reef tank is just to strong they are always shriveled up so im going to have a tank just for mushrooms. I think I have about 10 or so in my current tank well I did but I only see like 1 now haha...

Probably a better idea for the 20, I just feel clowns should have an anemone, tank-raised or otherwise, it's their natural setting. Good luck either way!

They don't need one however. They will find something or an area to host and act perfectly natural. My clowns have been without a nem for over 3 years and are spawning and perfectly healthy.

True. If I put a nem in my tank I'm sure they'd host. IMO though his tank isn't ready for a nem and some people just don't want one. Just letting him know they'll be fine without one.

Reactions: HN1
i have no desire for a nem anymore, There are lots of people who keep clowns without a nem and mine have been without one for months are are happy. they are tank raised and as far as I know havent ever even seen a nem before haha. But im sure they would like one, however its just not something I am able to do at this time.

There is absolutely zero proven need for an anemone with clowns. For any reason including breeding. Mushrooms, zoas, most softies and some LPS would be good choices for a new tank IME.

Anemones have an undetermined lifespan in the ocean. 30 years is probable, and researchers speculate it could even be a hundred years. My wild caught true percula clowns are happy to host a frogspawn.

cmor1701d said:
Anemones have an undetermined lifespan in the ocean. 30 years is probable, and researchers speculate it could even be a hundred years. My wild caught true percula clowns are happy to host a frogspawn.

I agree. My clowns ignored my anenome and instead host corals in the tank. There is no guarantee.

I would like my clowns to host what I call clown zoas, they are a zoa I have in my tank that are orange with a white mouth and have black tentacles. I think it would look cool haha

Back
Top Bottom