20G test fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineFlake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Its a 150 HQI and boy does it get toasty! May have to sell off the big tank to buy this one a chiller!

LMAO! Good luck with finding a cheap chiller, they are very very expensive, can cost more than $1,000 easily. Nice overkill btw :D

you will more than likely need a chiller with those lights.

I have the 48'' model, without a chiller my temp would be in the mid-high 80's

You can pick up a good chiller for about 400 bucks. I highly recommend one. Especially if you are doing Corals.

I have the Artica Chiller 1/10 HP cost $400
It is also great peace of mind knowing that my Temp. is always stable keeping everyone in my tank happy and thriving.

Good Luck

I acutally found a complete 29G FW rig for $50 yesterday at a yard sale. I'll take the 20G back to Petco and either buy or build a stand. I realized after cranking up the light, I was in need of a slightly larger tank. I have already reserved to buying a chiller this spring. If things go well with tank I can see me selling the large one and re investing in better equipment for this one. As for 'overkill' Im not sure there is such a thing when trying duplicate the very warm and very sunny locations these critters come from. I had a couple of goals, both have been met. If a chiller is the answer, so be it. I had a friends 175w MH over my large tank for a couple weeks when I lost my main lights and it did not put out near the heat this thing does. Poor design? Dunno. I'm looking forward to learning though..

Back
Top Bottom