So after a long while and having cheato getting blown all over the tank i decided to build by own sump out of a tank i had first used as my saltwater tank while living in an appartment
Pre fittment and making measurements for cheato overflow
The corner is for the overflow incoming water which leads into the protein skimmer. The box wit the holes in the protein skimmer wall is for the gfo
. I wanted as much water flow through this area as possible and ran pretty good when i did the pre water test. I let it air dry and noticed some water leak. After noticing the tanks been up for several years. (Estimate 14-15years) I decided to tear out the old caulk and replace it just for a safe mind. Its currently drying from resealing.
Live rock/rubble will be put in the tank overflow area for increased filtration